Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #151
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I hate ads - I do everything I can to subvert them.

But ads are not the same as Sidewalk. Why some people have attempted to draw this equivalency, I don't understand.
Which is fine, if you can't understand you can't understand. I can understand the equivalency to ads. So if someone is categorizing people as As or Bs, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #152
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Haertig, are you on Side A or side B?
Again, you quote from something I wrote before I knew about the data cap (message #16 of 146) — and I haven't brought up this point since then. This is basically a dishonest tactic. And it changes nothing about the fact that Amazon is intruding (and stealing) without first obtaining permission. Try to stick with that point and quit moving the goal post back in an attempt to discredit me.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #153
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And I tend to think, at least in the U.S., that society doesn't consider what Amazon is doing is "theft".
And I tend to think you're wrong.
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #154
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I just heard another theory about Amazon Sidewalk: Amazon is implementing it now so in the future it will be there for their drone deliveries.
So they are planning to use the data they collect for other purposes. Why am I not surprised?
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #155
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
...but that's exactly what Apple does. It uses every iPhone in the world to find the things with Airtags attached. This is from the Airtag web page:
Okay, didn't know that. Another good reason not to use Apple products (which I've never used anyhow).