Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 09:03 AM   #16
FILIPEAVT
FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.FILIPEAVT is less competitive than you.

Device: Likebook P10
Just an update:

Been using my Likebook P10 for more than a week now and the battery is still at 79%. In my case, the Google Frame was the real flaw. If anyone is facing the same issue, just try to disable it.
FILIPEAVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM   #17
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Boyue likebook P10
Google Frame???

As I mentioned previously the battery life on my Likebook 10 has been very good, however, after the references to Google Frame, I thought I would look in my settings and sure enough it was turned off, and therefore had been off since I bought the device.

Thus the question arises, what is Google Frame and why is installed on the device in the first place, particularly as it seemingly chews up battery life?
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
Thus the question arises, what is Google Frame and why is installed on the device in the first place, particularly as it seemingly chews up battery life?
Only with Google framework enabled, the Google Play Store can be used - some apps require such access to verify a purchase confirmation.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Also Google Playbook reader can't work at all without the Framework. So far everything else on the similar Mars works: Enable Framework, access playstore, install free application, disable framework.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote