Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #466
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ral67: I can confirm than Fnac FR is happily listing 'em as available on the 18th (online, at least); while Kobo FR does say on the 24th. o_O.
Still June 24th on my side of the ocean. June 28th in stores.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:41 AM   #467
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
I was seriously disappointed by that video. Somebody really needs to do one where they show the notebooks exported to a PC to see how they look in the different export options. (As well as marked up PDFs).
Voja will post an in-depth review of the device and his reviews are pretty much the definition of in-depth reviews.

-> https://www.youtube.com/c/MyDeepGuide/videos
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #468
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
I gave in and ordered one with the PERKOPOLIS coupon for 10% off! Nathan at the-ebook-reader.com mentioned it and that was enough to get me off the fence.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #469
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Voja will post an in-depth review of the device and his reviews are pretty much the definition of in-depth reviews.

-> https://www.youtube.com/c/MyDeepGuide/videos
This will take time
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #470
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I'm not in a rush
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:23 PM   #471
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
There is some very interesting information in articles on Kobo's site about the Elipsa and its features in detail. It also answers some often-asked questions.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:25 AM   #472
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Elipsa firmware is out. The Elipsa device ID is 387, and it's a kobo8 device. The codename is europa. The hardware identifier is b300-ntx.

I've added it to my firmware page: https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Discussion: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339949

Last edited by geek1011; 06-10-2021 at 08:44 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #473
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Just ordered from Fnac.com. Availability announced: from 18 June.
Just checked on Fnac.com - the date is now 24 June. It was too good to be true.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:10 AM   #474
ral67
Enthusiast
ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Just checked on Fnac.com - the date is now 24 June. It was too good to be true.
too bad

Does anyone know from previous releases if fnac or Kobo ships out early or at June 24 ?
meaning do I get it earlier by going to the store or getting is shipped

thanks
ral67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #475
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Oh, about the Bluetooth audio thing I suspected a while ago, I still believe they're going to release it at some point for the Elipsa. There's a lot more code related to that in the current release, and it looks like they'll be supporting EPUB3 media overlays at some point at the minimum.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:24 AM   #476
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Oh, about the Bluetooth audio thing I suspected a while ago, I still believe they're going to release it at some point for the Elipsa. There's a lot more code related to that in the current release, and it looks like they'll be supporting EPUB3 media overlays at some point at the minimum.
I have been told there will not be any audio support. The Bluetooth can be used to connect a keyboard.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #477
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
the TechRadar review

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/kobo-elipsa
"When used horizontally, an ebook divides into two pages on screen (resembling an open book) thanks to the space available, which might be preferable to some users."
I'm surprised, since I saw no mention of it elsewhere. Also I wonder whether it is an option or an obligation. Anyway, it makes sense since our eyes aren't best adapted for reading long lines.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #478
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have been told there will not be any audio support. The Bluetooth can be used to connect a keyboard.
Really? Are you sure about that?

I haven't seen any mention elsewhere about that but if so then that's great. I would much prefer keyboard support than audio support (audio support would potentially have a greater impact on the battery and a more responsive screen is preferable for audio (while playing and making quick time jumps via a button it doesn't really matter but when scrubbing it's preferable if the UI keeps up in real time.)

Keyboard support makes note taking much better since it gives you a good alternative to handwriting (depending on your own personal preferences of course) and can be good for long distraction-free writing sessions.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:20 AM   #479
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
Really? Are you sure about that?

I haven't seen any mention elsewhere about that but if so then that's great. I would much prefer keyboard support than audio support (audio support would potentially have a greater impact on the battery and a more responsive screen is preferable for audio (while playing and making quick time jumps via a button it doesn't really matter but when scrubbing it's preferable if the UI keeps up in real time.)

Keyboard support makes note taking much better since it gives you a good alternative to handwriting (depending on your own personal preferences of course) and can be good for long distraction-free writing sessions.
Yes, very sure.

I asked about the apparent audio support and was given a very firm no. But I was told Bluetooth would be used for pairing keyboards. I questioned that as I had not seen any reference to this before. I am not sure, but I don't I think that it is in the firmware that was on the few review devices, but it is in the firmware that has been discovered.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #480
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
What about the two page view that anacreon spotted mentioned in the TechRadar review? And what formats?
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote