Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #16
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Discworld books are similar except the eBooks are not one long file. But there are no chapters, just section breaks.
The perfect example! I recently was looking at Reaper Man; 145 section breaks in, I think, 4 files. I merged them, then split at section breaks into about 40 files of about 20kb each. Called them "Split 1" through "Split 40" in the ncx. Reads like a dream now.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
The perfect example! I recently was looking at Reaper Man; 145 section breaks in, I think, 4 files. I merged them, then split at section breaks into about 40 files of about 20kb each. Called them "Split 1" through "Split 40" in the ncx. Reads like a dream now.
What I do is make sure each file of the story ends at a section break. So I move the test from file 2 needed to make file 1 break at a section break and so on. I'm not bothered by a lack of a ToC given that's how it's written.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote