Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #31
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Did you understand the third post of this thread?
And this topic seems to you an absolute confirmation that Kobo Nia has a removable SD card, despite the arguments that were given to you above?
Then what is the point to continue this dispute if all your evidence is of the same plan. The Tolino, the topic about nothing.
Quote:
And on Goodereader I have often read nonsense - there I would check if they claim a meadow is green.
For me, the indisputable proof is that for a device that came out a year ago, there is not a single topic on mobileread where would ask for a Kobo Nia image and GET IT.
When such a topic appears, you will point it to me, and I will immediately agree that I am wrong.

Last edited by Semwize; 06-13-2021 at 07:48 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #32
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
And this topic seems to you an absolute confirmation that Kobo Nia has a removable SD card, despite the arguments that were given to you above?
Then what is the point to continue this dispute if all your evidence is of the same plan. The Tolino, the topic about nothing.
Again, very slowly to think along:
What you called evidence is a muddled article from GoodEreader. It is technically not possible to do:
Quote:
The internal storage is housed on an SD card that is soldered onto the motherboard,
the plastic housing of the SD card melts during such an attempt - it needs a slot.
Quote:
there is no user accessible SD card slot
can only mean - accessible from the outside.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:58 AM   #33
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
When such a topic appears, you will point it to me, and I will immediately agree that I am wrong.
There is a proof: it is technically impossible to directly solder an SD card anywhere; the plastic housing cannot withstand a soldering temperature - it melts.
For SD card mounting, either a slot or a tray is absolutely necessary.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:01 AM   #34
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To hell with GoodEreader, I don't really trust them either ...

I don’t have Nia, you don’t have it either, so we have to wait for the owners to write.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:13 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Then what is the point to continue this dispute if all your evidence is of the same plan. The Tolino, the topic about nothing.For me, the indisputable proof is that for a device that came out a year ago, there is not a single topic on mobileread where would ask for a Kobo Nia image and GET IT.
Did you look at the last post in the thread above? That is a request for an image posted this month. And there have been other threads with requests. Definitely enough for me to believe the device has an internal SD card. I think the lack of an image is more an indicator of how unpopular the device is. Or at least how, unpopular it is with people here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #36
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
To hell with GoodEreader, I don't really trust them either ...

I don’t have Nia, you don’t have it either, so we have to wait for the owners to write.
Not necessary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo NIA.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	187656  
Old 06-13-2021, 08:25 AM   #37
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did you look at the last post in the thread above? That is a request for an image posted this month. And there have been other threads with requests. Definitely enough for me to believe the device has an internal SD card. I think the lack of an image is more an indicator of how unpopular the device is. Or at least how, unpopular it is with people here.
I found a photo of the mainboard - I hope this can convince him.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:39 AM   #38
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
photo
The photo with the model number looks convincing.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Or check this link: KBN306 Electronic Display Device Teardown Internal Photos Netronix courtesy of the FCC.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:39 PM   #40
Semwize
Guru

I really can't remember where I got such a conviction that the Kobo Nia has a non-removable SD card. And long time, as soon as Nia came out ...
After all, probably with the goodEreader review. Was wrong.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I really can't remember where I got such a conviction that the Kobo Nia has a non-removable SD card. And long time, as soon as Nia came out ...
After all, probably with the goodEreader review. Was wrong.
No microSD card is non-removable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #42
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No microSD card is non-removable.
GoodEreader wrote this nonsense:
Quote:
The internal storage is housed on an SD card that is soldered onto the motherboard
Which is impossible
Old 06-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
GoodEreader wrote this nonsense:Which is impossible
Of which we agree.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:08 AM   #44
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Date Submitted 2020-04-20 00:00:00

Kobo Nia e-reader Review - July 16, 2020 By Michael Kozlowski
Old 08-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #45
cmgam
Enthusiast
cmgam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
You can replace the internal MicroSD card. And put up to 256 GB.
I put 32 GB shortly after purchase (2 years ago).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdV5ukt_Q0

P.S. I also replaced the SD card on the Glo HD, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember the year... And everything works fine today.
Hi
The 256 SD card needs to be formatted in exFat. Does Clara work with this formatting?
Thanks
Regards
cmgam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara hd, microsd card slot