Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-07-2016, 06:23 AM   #31
Orwellian
Orwellian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Dear Terisa, do you think it would be possible to add an option for the file's created/modified date? I'd find that super useful, if it's not too much work...
Orwellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #32
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Sorry, but I don't think so, as you don't have information in the plugin level about the file itself but only the name and path.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #33
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
A quick question. If I am adding a book and the book exists already so it is merged... will the filename still copy to the filename field?

Another question: For some reason when I copy the library structure, the column for the OriginalFilename doesn't copy. Is there a reason for this? All of my other custom columns copy to the new empty library structure.

Last edited by LadyKate; 11-12-2016 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added another question
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:21 AM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Terisa de Morgan - I have library A and library B, and both have a similar 'filepath/File Path' column. If I copy books from library A to library B the column 'filepath/File Path' values are retained if they're not empty, but they're empty the column in library B gets a path in the Temp directory.

@LadyKate - would your additional problem be related to this ==> Bug #1641278 “Custom columns don't copy on create new library”

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:00 AM   #35
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Terisa de Morgan - I have library A and library B, and both have a similar 'filepath/File Path' column. If I copy books from library A to library B the column 'filepath/File Path' values are retained if they're not empty, but they're empty the column in library B gets a path in the Temp directory.

@LadyKate - would your additional problem be related to this ==> Bug #1641278 “Custom columns don't copy on create new library”

BR
The library I was copying the structure from was not empty BetterRed. All of the other custom columns EXCEPT the one created for and used as a column in the GetFileName plugin were created in the new library. I'm trying to remember if there were any values in the original attempt.

I just did a test and the column copied. Now I'm wondering if columns with no values copy ?? hummm.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 03:12 AM   #36
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
A quick question. If I am adding a book and the book exists already so it is merged... will the filename still copy to the filename field?
I don't think so, but I'm not sure, I would have to make a test (when I add duplicate books, I don't usually merge them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
Another question: For some reason when I copy the library structure, the column for the OriginalFilename doesn't copy. Is there a reason for this? All of my other custom columns copy to the new empty library structure.
No, not that I know. Yesterday, indeed, after seeing this comment, I moved a book from a library with this column to a library without it, and calibre asked me to copy the column.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:15 AM   #37
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Perhaps the same plugin is called, and in this case the file is at the temp directory (as it's a internal copy), so, as the plugin finds the field empty it fulfills with the values it has.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:20 AM   #38
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Perhaps the same plugin is called, and in this case the file is at the temp directory (as it's a internal copy), so, as the plugin finds the field empty it fulfills with the values it has.
In some cases I clear the file path cell in my intake library because it is 'meaningless'. So after copying books from my Intake library to the target library I will have to clear it again. Is there some way the PI can detect it's being invoked in a Copy to Library context and if it is, then do nothing.

I don't display the file path in the target library book list or book details sidebar, which is why its taken me so long to spot this.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-13-2016 at 04:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:30 AM   #39
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
In some cases I clear the file path cell in my intake library because it is 'meaningless'. So after copying books from my Intake library to the target library I will have to clear it again. Is there some way the PI can detect it's being invoked in a Copy to Library context and if it is, then do nothing.
I don't really know, I will have to check a bit the infrastructure to see if I can spot a way, because that's the only solution I can think about.

Edit: I will check if the stack can give me info in the same way it gives for not getting name with an "add_empty" command.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-13-2016 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 11-13-2016, 04:56 AM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Version 0.0.6 posted:
  • It doesn't store the file data when copying to library
Old 11-13-2016, 05:03 AM   #41
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Hey that was quick - it trumps the Bulk MDE S&R regex I saved earlier

stacks of fanx.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-13-2016 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:30 AM   #42
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Hi Terisa,
I have searched for a plugin like this for since the beginning I started using Calibre. Where could I send my one billion paypal contribution ?
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #43
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Unhappy

Hi Terisa,
there is a bug in your code.

Consider the following filename:

2008 - Handbook of Motivation Science - Shah, James & Gardner, Wendy L. (eds)-[Guilford].pdf

It is imported as:

filename: 2008 - Handbook of Motivation Science - Shah, James & Gardner, Wendy L
Extension: (eds)-[Guilford]

This other filename:

2009 - Building Motivational Interviewing Skills - David B. Rosengren.pdf

It is imported as:

filename: 2009 - Building Motivational Interviewing Skills - David B
extension: Rosengren

You are probably searching for the first DOT from the start of the filename, while you should search for the first DOT from the end of filename... or you are using a wrong regular expression.

Also, I see that the original extension as been truncated, so you are using some kind of code were you drop everything there is in the filename after the second dot and the second dot too...

I suppose today I have lost a lot of information while importing +3000 books
(261 book with wrong/partial information which I already have deleted )

Last edited by Giuseppe Chillem; 12-03-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #44
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

I confirm information is being lost:

Filename:
2009 - Motivational.interviewing and.stages of change.pdf

filname imported:
2009 - Motivational

extension:
interviewing and

Part which is being lost:
stages of change.pdf
Old 12-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #45
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Hi,
a last problem:

Some books have the temp path as extracted path:

An example:
"C:\Users\Familia\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_omm2o x\rsdo8k_add_books\482"

Last edited by Giuseppe Chillem; 12-04-2016 at 01:46 AM.

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin