Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #36181
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It is not fun. I hope that she does well or at least the end is peaceful for her. You know that you have done a great job raising her and taking care of her. She had a happier life because of your presence. While that doesn't make it any easier, it should at least give you a sense of peace.

(hugs)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #36182
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
well, she made it through the night. I actually started at a new Brokerage today so I had to wait until late this afternoon to take her in. the Vet was AMAZED at her age!

I HATE having to wear big girl panties!
{{Huggs}} I'm glad she had you.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #36183
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We're going to get a ceiling in the store on Wednesday!

Of course we have a ceiling now. But 20 years or so ago my father ripped out the old dropped/lowered (?) ceiling, put in insulation and beneath that a framework for a new dropped/lowered ceiling. However, he never finished it. So we've been looking at insulation for 20 years now.

On Wednesday a company is coming in and will put in a new ceiling in just one day! I I suspect it will be a lot lighter in the store and strange. We'll probably disappoint some customers who thought the insulation ceiling had "character".
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #36184
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Difficult to describe what I'm doing right now... Beside sitting on a char, hands on the keyboard, looking at a screen and typing away...

Overal, I'm waiting for a new job... (I'm a contractor and my previous job finished on friday...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #36185
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had planned on renting a cottage or an apartment in a bungalow park in January for a week or so. However, with all that has happened in the past month I need a break earlier, so I'm now looking around for a week away in October or November. And I'm planning on being very lazy all week!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #36186
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

This was the front part of our store until a month ago:
Spoiler:

Tonight it looks like:
Spoiler:

Tomorrow a company is coming to put a new ceiling in and from Friday we're going to paint the walls with special sealing paint. With a bit of luck we can partially open on Tuesday.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #36187
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got back from watching Despicable Me2 - I can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a movie - the theater was packed full - lots of kids - but everyone behaved - and the movie was non-stop fun! I highly recommend this one - for adults!

[Why yes! A chicken DID have a major role in this film! Why do you ask? ]

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 07-06-2013 at 09:23 AM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #36188
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm writing to thank my Hong Kong friend for suggesting that we buy Induction cooktops for our new home. I'd never used them before this morning, and I'm impressed!

We had the choice of gas, electric coil, or induction, and based upon what my friend had said, we opted for two separate induction units. Most of the time we only need to use one burner, occasionally needing a second one, so the idea of only cluttering up the kitchen counter with two at all times seemed silly. We can keep one on a lower shelf, and as they weigh next to nothing, just bring it out when we need it.

And boy, do they cook! Instant heat, instand temperature changes just like gas, but with none of the heat in the room or over the top of the pan. Turning sausages or bacon was always a bother because of the heat, forcing me to use a longer pair of tongs. With the induction cooker, I can use the short tongs, keeping my hands just a couple of inches from the pan instead of a foot away. With the instant heat change, it provides all the control for delicate sauces, something that the old style electric coil tops couldn't do.

Five minutes after cooking is finished, the surface of the cooking area is cool, and a paper towel with a spray cleaner cleans up the splattered grease quickly and easily. (Maybe I should do infomercials?) The controls provide for individual heat settings or programed heating (fry, boil, stew, etc.) with just a finger touch to the surface of the unit in the marked space. Not even any buttons to press! I am nothing but impressed with this thing!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #36189
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Enjoying the great weather in my friends' garden. If it would be this temperature (20-25°C) all summer I would be very happy.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #36190
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I have just butchered my hedge with my electric trimmer, and it looks terrible! The problem was that my wife, and our next door neighbour, asked me to take a foot off the top, and because the top is all exposed and, I admit, far from level, it really does look bad. May have to console myself with a beer later...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #36191
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Right now I'm printing out an anniversary card for my wife. Picking 7/7 for the date of our wedding was a stroke of genius!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #36192
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Right now I'm printing out an anniversary card for my wife. Picking 7/7 for the date of our wedding was a stroke of genius!
Yes, I'm always pleased we got married on the 1st August for similar reasons.

Happy anniversary
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #36193
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Valentine's Day works for me. Even the shop keepers remind me to buy flowers!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #36194
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
We went with 10/10
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #36195
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Preparing to cycle to Ikea to get a new, non-stinky comforter. Last week I washed a cardigan and left it all week in my bedroom. I took it with me dogsitting during the weekend and it didn't stink! I didn't want to buy a new comforter if it would end up stinking again. I might also treat myself to something to decorate my bedroom with, a poster or a colourful vase or something.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?