Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 09:05 PM   #16
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I'm still around even though my EEs have been retired. Actually my Galaxy Note Pro is in semi-retirement and I am using an HP Pro Slate 12.

I hope that someone else is on that is still using their EE so that they can offer some assistance.

Good luck....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #17
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
jdkiefer, you will have to search the forum for answer to that or reflash with the original updated OS (again the info is on the forum).

The one problem with reflashing might be finding the necessary file to use.

edit: If I have time I will try and find my notes on that type of problem. They got put into storage a few years ago because my EE just keeps on working, maybe using it every day is the answer to longevity of the unit.

Last edited by ivanjt; 05-05-2017 at 07:20 PM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #18
plantman60
plantman60 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
still using EE

Hi all, hang in there!
I have 3 Pocket Edges, and 2 big Edges. I still charge them up about once every month or so, and they are holding on--I even use them to read an Ebook in color and write notes on the e-ink side, and watch online course videos and take notes.
plantman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:16 AM   #19
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Who still owns a PE? :)

I put together the Ermine thread almost five years ago while I was procrastinating on my dissertation. Feeling nostalgic so I logged in. Weird to see people still using the PE - looking back on it, I can't imagine why I'd want an E-ink reader and an Android tablet on the same device.

Perhaps a small "where am I now?" update?

1. I don't own a tablet these days. Like most people, I've found the larger screen of smartphones made one unnecessary. I currently use a Blackberry Priv as my main internet browsing device.

2. I actually use a laptop for my reading/annotation needs. I have an old Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 that is built like a steel cage and is extremely easy to repair. I've grown to not trust the cheap plastic crap that is common in the consumer electronic market.

Weirdly enough, I've gotten back into "reading for fun," so I've been thinking about investing in an e-ink device again. Apparently nobody likes the stylus except for me.

Anyways, glad to see everything is still up and running!
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:52 AM   #20
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm still using both my EE and PE, and probably will until they die. I have plenty of other devices, but I like my eDGes best for reading/crossword puzzles/news and light research.
Love the stylus, love the 2 screens hooked together. So far no major problems except the e-ink seems a bit faded.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #21
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I still have 3 of them. I also acquired an HP Pro Slate 12.2 which I have been using for reading also, but the Edges are still lighting up...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #22
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
I have 3 pocket edges still. Two are in rotation as note takers and digital audio recorders during meetings .

Sold the 2 large EE's a couple years back. They were cool/pretty but big and heavy to lug around.
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #23
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Just stopping by to say "hi". Spent a lot of time here back in the day! We still have 2 PE's and an EE here, but I'm afraid they're gathering dust at this point. I've moved on to front-lit readers. I just got the new Nook Glowlight 3 and really like it (I'm a button fan, easier for me to page forward or backward with either hand).
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:57 PM   #24
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Hi Glow

I was just coming to ask in this ghost town if anyone can advise or point me to a stylus that will work for my old PE? I just resurrected it from the bottom of a drawer and was glad to see that it charged right up and works, but the stylus seems to be long gone. Any suggestions from anyone? TIA
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #25
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I was just coming to ask in this ghost town if anyone can advise or point me to a stylus that will work for my old PE?
Hi - I have a half-dozen in a drawer somewhere for just the reason you've encountered. I'd be happy to send you one for a few dollars and postage.

I still have both my PE and EE although I hate to admit they haven't been fired up for a couple years.

Best,
Jan
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #26
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Jan, mine had not been fired up for a couple of years either!

And I was just coming to post that I actually found my stylus in the back of a drawer,TBTG, but thank you so much for bothering to reply and for the offer!

Any plans on charging yours up to see if they go? I must admit, I'm now so used to front-lit readers that the e-ink screen on the PE seems startlingly dark. But what a great idea these hybrids were! If there was an updated version with a lighted e-ink screen and a decent price I know I wouldn't be able to resist.

Again!
Old 02-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #27
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Glad you found your stylus! They used to sell them on Amazon but don't see them anymore. I did find out that my Yoga Book stylus is compatible, and much nicer.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #28
pendragginp
Guru

Oh, good to know.