Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Stephend
Stephend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3 mmcblk0p1 image needed

Hi all, my K3 keyboard decided to die on me just before christmas, have been trying to fix it since with no luck.

Can't seem to get the download to work on the pastebin you guys have here.

If anyone could send me a working link that would be great!

Thanks.
Stephend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It is a working link -
Other people have found the blockage to be at the receiving end.
Have you checked that?
Where are you trying to download to?
Does your ISP (or federal government) have that hosting site firewalled? I.E: can you reach the hosting site at all?
A tcptraceroute output might help resolving this.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Stephend

im trying to download the part 1 of it and the site says it cannot be downloaded. the 10 downloads a week thing i guess.

the other two labeled mmcblk0p1, do i only need one of them?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephend View Post
im trying to download the part 1 of it and the site says it cannot be downloaded. the 10 downloads a week thing i guess.

the other two labeled mmcblk0p1, do i only need one of them?
OH, that file host service.

Those files are posted on another hosting service as single part files without the 10/week limit.
Should be listed in the appropriate part of the de-bricking sticky.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Stephend

okay so I am running into the

Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target

error.

having spent today looking at posts here I can't seem to find an answer as to what exactly to do at this stage. also, why is my rootfs.bin only 344mb in size when the guide says ~650mb.

appreciate any help.
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
okay so I am running into the

Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target

error.

having spent today looking at posts here I can't seem to find an answer as to what exactly to do at this stage. also, why is my rootfs.bin only 344mb in size when the guide says ~650mb.

appreciate any help.
Are you using an OS that hides file extensions?
344mb sounds like a rootfs.bin.zip or rootfs.bin.gz
Old 12-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Stephend

im running windows xp, yes the .gz is what it was before i renamed it i believe.

any ideas on the error?

thanks for replying by the way.

edit: i bet the kernel was .gz too. ill redownload both and start again first
edit2: still getting error with correct kernel.bin image

Last edited by Stephend; 12-30-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Just un-compress them if they are compressed - DO NOT rename them.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
Stephend

i have them both uncompressed and they are the correct size as stated in the guide.

the guide says to rename them kernel.bin and rootfs.bin

is this correct?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Not required, it will be a binary transfer.
But is a good idea to follow the guide, makes it easier for us to help.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Stephend

okay so the images are sorted and correct.

the Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target

is the next obstacle.

i have reset it multiple times and get the same error
Old 12-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
okay so the images are sorted and correct.

the Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target

is the next obstacle.

i have reset it multiple times and get the same error
That is usually a sign that the battery is too discharged to run the process.

Put it on a charger - return to the problem about this time tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Stephend

was afraid of that, has been charging for 2 days now.
might be dead.