Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #31
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am late to the party, sorry about that. If you run out of memory, the Word document is not correct or you ran into the issue Word 365 had recently. That the document is 500 pages is not relevant, not even on 1GB (my development machine has 1 GB memory).

Also, I *never* use the export function for PDF. I rather re-OCR them. The results are much better than that. It was also mentioned that you can fine tune the scene detection.
That's what we do, (AbbyyFineReader), which I've mentioned here, I dunno, a few hundred times over the years, {smile} but, if you know how to do a proper cleanup, an export from PDF to Word can work, if you are willing to do the cleanup in HTML. (or if you have mad skills in Styles/Headings). It can be done.

To this moment, I still don't understand the issue in this thread from the OP. It seems as though he's not styling the paragraphs, apparently? He said it wasn't the broken paragraphs, so in re-reading it, he seems to be saying that the first-line indent styling is not being retained. That would be simply the CSS. Anyone else have a different take?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:41 AM   #32
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Linux. LO "fresh" 6.1.4.2.
Pepito cleaner is not broken. The extension icon is not displayed in the toolsbar but you can open it with "Edition/Pepito cleaner" and it works as usual.
Must be a Windows thing then. When running it, it breaks with a lot of Regex-errors, ending with "Error 91: Objektvariable not initialised. + ? in popolateSelected_hyp !" I've located "popolateSelected_hyp", but I'm not a Java-programmer, and can't see any missing variable in that module.

@Hitch: Its OK, if you don't like FlexiPDF - after all, i just tried to come up with some possible solutions to the OP's problems

Regards (and a happy new year to all & everyone, along with thanks for many ideas and inputs in 2018),

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:54 AM   #33
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
<snippage>

@Hitch: Its OK, if you don't like FlexiPDF - after all, i just tried to come up with some possible solutions to the OP's problems

Regards (and a happy new year to all & everyone, along with thanks for many ideas and inputs in 2018),

Kim
:-) Oh, I kept it (FlexiPDF) just in case. You never know when I might need some functionality that it has. I'm a software Omnivore; I pick things up and hang on to them. It amazes me how often I'll have a unique requirement, and sure enough, I have some arcane piece of software that is just made for that one thing.

Hitch
Old 01-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #34
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I don't know, but we REALLY like it. I've acquired licenses for everyone here that deals with cleaning Word files. Now, like all automated programs, if you get a genius that does this:

Typety-type-type-type (continuing sentence) ENTER
ENTER
typety-type-type-type-ENTER
ENTER

between lines--not paragraphs, and then does NOT hit another "enter" between paragraphs, it's deaf dumb and mute. (People who treat Word like a typewriter and type "manuscript style" with 2-line spacing, manually.) It's helpless, but so is every other automated program, even the ones we've written in-house. {shrug}. Without true AI, I don't know how anyone would address that one. Sure, you could look for lower-case letters, etc., but then, figuring out new paragraphs would be a mother. Ya know? (Well, yes, YOU do know, better than most.)

Hitch
I am actually thinking about a automatic part, close to what it is now and a manual procedure for the rest. That is actually already possible in the Search & Replace and in the Dutch rules that is also part of the example file.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #35
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am actually thinking about a automatic part, close to what it is now and a manual procedure for the rest. That is actually already possible in the Search & Replace and in the Dutch rules that is also part of the example file.
We'll have to take a look when you have it cranked out, Tox. :-) Your utilities all rock.

Hitch