Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Gemini9
Gemini9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle FIre
Calibre Editing and Kindle

I've been working on this story of mine that I want to self-publish someday. It's nowhere near done yet -- only 10 chapters at the moment -- but I want to make sure everything looks okay so far. (It also helps me gauge pages per chapter and such.)

I had it looking okay, but then I had to alter a few things. I have a letter written in one of the chapters and I put in an image for the character's signature. The first time I tried this, it didn't turn out so well. Now I have it how I want it in the editor, and I figure that it's all good!

But it's not for some reason. When I send it over to my kindle, it shows the original version rather than the saved/edited version. The book shows properly in the calibre viewer but not on my kindle.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried everything I can think of and I've hit a rock.
Gemini9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:45 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i have had that problem when using the content server to deliver tweaked books . after an edit, it sometimes sends a previous, cached version again, despite various denials that it caches.
the simple fix for me is to stop calibre and restart it. after that, the most recent version is sent.

otherwise, do it manually over usb, find the actual up to date book using open path and manually drag and drop it to the device
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No Title or Author Name changes allowed.

My experience (when fixing found style or typo issues) If you do, the Kindle treats it like a New book (you have both versions), or it just refuses to update. This is with USB on my K4nt
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I always play safe when tweaking. Delete old version on target device using device menus before connecting to calibre and pushing or pulling new version. I do that for all formats. If there is an intermediary, like calibre companion, delete not inside there also, even if the book has already been deleted on device, to keep that apps database in sync
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote