Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 10:40 PM   #1921
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
What's with the "Failed to find obfuscation key" error?

I ran Polish books on all of my books and this error came up with some books I'd bought from Amazon. Searching gave me the solution to do an EPUB -> EPUB conversion and then they transferred.

In the future should I avoid running Polish books on EPUBs that have been converted from Amazon purchases or does it not matter and I can jump through the extra hoops by doing the conversion?
Sorry, I don't know. My memory, says the error is related to an internal font. They can be obfuscated and the key is in the file. But, I would have thought the initial conversion would have handled this. Or that Polish would, but might be depended on the options. But, if it needs another conversion step, you might need to accept that it is needed.
Quote:
Edit: I think I may be confused; I may not have previously uploaded these converted books with the Extended Driver. So maybe the error wasn't due to Polish books?
Again, I don't know. You probably need to experiment and check.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #1922
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I don't know. My memory, says the error is related to an internal font. They can be obfuscated and the key is in the file. But, I would have thought the initial conversion would have handled this. Or that Polish would, but might be depended on the options. But, if it needs another conversion step, you might need to accept that it is needed.

Again, I don't know. You probably need to experiment and check.
Yes, sorry, it's due to an obfuscated embedded font.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #1923
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This problem exists with both this driver and the plain Touch driver.

In the driver settings in the Collections, covers & uploads tab I have Modify CSS checked. In the kobo_extra.css file on the kobo I have

PHP Code:
{

text-alignleft !important;

When I upload a book to the Kobo (Forma, latest firmware) and then look at it, it's as if some or all of the formatting has been removed. Paragraphs no longer have the indent that's specified in the book's stylesheet and have a blank line between them, h2 tags are no longer centered, etc.

If I remove the kobo_extra.css from the Kobo and add that line to the bottom of the book's stylesheet then everything works as expected.

This happens with both books I've made as well as books downloaded from Project Gutenberg.

Edit: I forgot to say that with the !important removed then it works as expected.

Last edited by lumpynose; 08-03-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #1924
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
This problem exists with both this driver and the plain Touch driver.

In the driver settings in the Collections, covers & uploads tab I have Modify CSS checked. In the kobo_extra.css file on the kobo I have

PHP Code:
{

text-alignleft !important;

When I upload a book to the Kobo (Forma, latest firmware) and then look at it, it's as if some or all of the formatting has been removed. Paragraphs no longer have the indent that's specified in the book's stylesheet and have a blank line between them, h2 tags are no longer centered, etc.

If I remove the kobo_extra.css from the Kobo and add that line to the bottom of the book's stylesheet then everything works as expected.

This happens with both books I've made as well as books downloaded from Project Gutenberg.
I'm not sure this is going to be any help to you but I've seen this before when the !important attribute is used in CSS. I'm afraid I never got to the bottom of the finer points of why/how the CSS gets wrecked.

As a result, long ago, I decided to ban the use of !important inside any of my own epubs or in kobo_extra.css. I haven't had any problems since.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:19 PM   #1925
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm not sure this is going to be any help to you but I've seen this before when the !important attribute is used in CSS. I'm afraid I never got to the bottom of the finer points of why/how the CSS gets wrecked.

As a result, long ago, I decided to ban the use of !important inside any of my own epubs or in kobo_extra.css. I haven't had any problems since.
Waah! I need it in order to override some CSS that has higher precedence. This seemed like a nice generic way for all books.

I can't remember what the book was using that made it hard to override. Are there other ways of overriding besides !important?
Old 08-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #1926
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Waah! I need it in order to override some CSS that has higher precedence. This seemed like a nice generic way for all books.

I can't remember what the book was using that made it hard to override. Are there other ways of overriding besides !important?
!important seems to work OK as part of the firmware's default override CSS files for epub and kepub. So, if you're using the kobopatch system, you might be able to do it with a customised patch. For example, you could try customising the patch called 'Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs' if you wanted to force alignment in all kepubs.

The default kepub override CSS is:
Code:
div, p { text-align: %1 !important; }
Changing that to:
Code:
div, p {text-align: left !important;}
or some other variation of your choice. (Note: You must keep the before/after string lengths the same.)

However, be aware that this would stop the alignment buttons in the Kobo's [Aa] menu working for kepubs. Only experimenting will tell you whether it actually does what you want.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #1927
lumpynose
Wizard

Ok, thanks jackie_w.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #1928
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
I use the latest Kobo ext driver version. Still I can't transfer books to my Kobo?

calibre, version 3.46.0
FOUT: Fout: Fout bij communicatie met apparaat

Error communicating with device

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 399, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2087, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 313, in _modify_epub
File "lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 254, in expanduser
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #1929
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdu View Post
I use the latest Kobo ext driver version. Still I can't transfer books to my Kobo?

calibre, version 3.46.0
FOUT: Fout: Fout bij communicatie met apparaat

Error communicating with device

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 399, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2087, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 313, in _modify_epub
File "lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 254, in expanduser
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
I didn't think that was possible with the last set of changes in the driver. Removing the file "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" from the configuration directory will probably fix it. But, you might need to remove "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py" as well and do the configuration from scratch.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #1930
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I didn't think that was possible with the last set of changes in the driver. Removing the file "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" from the configuration directory will probably fix it. But, you might need to remove "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py" as well and do the configuration from scratch.
Had to remove both. Now it works. Thanks David!
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:08 AM   #1931
benoliver999
benoliver999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Sorry if this has been asked already...

Is using this plugin with calibre the same as doing a direct transfer of a *.kepub.epub book (like the ones found at https://standardebooks.org), or does it alter the book in any way?

I am only talking about when the original imported book started as a kepub, not regular epubs.
benoliver999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #1932
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The driver knows to send a kepub to the device without adding the spans. But, adding a book with the extension .kepub.epub to calibre will add it as an epub. The driver will try to add the spans. I don't know what will happen. If you want to use those books, drop the .epub from the name and add that to calibre. Then, it will be treated as a kepub.

If you do this, you should also install the Kepub Metadata Reader and Kepub Metadata Writer plugins.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #1933
Miss3181
Miss3181 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO CLARA HD
Hello,
I will not read everything because there is too much page, besides I am French and I do not understand everything ...
sorry if the question has already been asked
My issue is the following
I have a Kobo Clara HD and through your plugin, I want to create collections on my Kobo.
How to do ?
I would like to make collections by serial name and author (surname, first name), as I did for my Kobo Aura, like this :

Thanks for your help
Miss3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:27 PM   #1934
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss3181 View Post
Hello,
I will not read everything because there is too much page, besides I am French and I do not understand everything ...
sorry if the question has already been asked
My issue is the following
I have a Kobo Clara HD and through your plugin, I want to create collections on my Kobo.
How to do ?
I would like to make collections by serial name and author (surname, first name), as I did for my Kobo Aura, like this :
According to your posts in the Kobo forum, you are not using the KoboTouchExtended driver. Or, if you have, you have turned off the main reason to use it. But, please see the responses to that post.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #1935
Miss3181
Miss3181 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO CLARA HD
ok, thanks
Miss3181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one