Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello and welcome. I love how you are so supportive of ebooks. I think you're way ahead of your competitors. I'm glad you found us.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #17
Mange
Enthusiast
Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS650, T1, Kindle touch, PocketBook Touch
Thanks for that CaraM!

Take care,
Mange
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #18
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Mange, welcome to MR!

It's great to have you and your foresight here.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #19
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Magnus and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #20
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mange View Post
We sell a bit of both actually.
Interesting! Thanks for expanding for us. It sounds like a great idea.

Have you encountered Smashwords? Lots of indie - self-published - ebooks available, mostly in English. But I noticed they have a few in Swedish too. I know they do retailer deals designed for large ecommerce websites, but they also have an affiliate program.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
Mange
Enthusiast
Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for the welcome rlparker and cassidym.

Take care,
Mange
Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #22
Mange
Enthusiast

nomesque: I have actually encountered Smashwords, but I didn't know about their affiliate program.

I'll have to check that out too. Thanks for the tip.

But right now, I'm preparing for my trip to the swedish book fair in Gothenburg. There will also be an interesting seminar (hopefully) about the bookstore of tomorrow, the day before, that I'm looking forward to attend.

I'll also be meeting the swedish distributor of Cybook (well, Bookeen actually) who will show me the new Orizon ereader, that'll come out shortly. (I'll try to take some picture or maybe some footage of it)

Take care,
Magnus
Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #24
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
But right now, I'm preparing for my trip to the swedish book fair in Gothenburg. There will also be an interesting seminar (hopefully) about the bookstore of tomorrow, the day before, that I'm looking forward to attend.
I hope it's good! The translation certainly makes it look like it might be.

Quote:
I'll also be meeting the swedish distributor of Cybook (well, Bookeen actually) who will show me the new Orizon ereader, that'll come out shortly. (I'll try to take some picture or maybe some footage of it)
*turning green with envy*
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #25
Mange
Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome Geoff.

I see that you are one of those that like Bookeens readers. I'll probably get a hands-on on their new Orizon on thursday.
I'll try to take some pictures and get back with my thoughts about it.

Take care,
Magnus
Old 09-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #26
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #27
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Mange,

Excellent to hear there there's a forward-thinking bookstore out there. On the strength of your post I would have come in and bought something if I was over there - though I'm rather in Australia so it would be a rather long trip.

Hope that other stores sit up and take notice of what you've done - or perhaps it's time to roll out a chain of stores

Best of luck, sincerely.
Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #28
Mange
Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome ImogenRose.

Take care,
Magnus
Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #29
Mange
Enthusiast

Thank you for those kind words, MrPLD.

If I had the means I can honestly say that I would save you the trip and I go to you instead and sell you an ebook or two from a bookstore in Australia.
It's been eleven years since I visited your beautiful country and if things hadn't turned out the way they did I could actually have been australian by now.
My parents were an inch from moving there in the beginning of the sixties.

My small store is actually part of a chain here in Sweden and although not all are as progressive as we are in my store, things might actually change pretty soon.

I've just returned from a conference in Gothenburg with speakers from US, UK, Germany and Sweden talking about the Bookstore of the Future.

The advice in short: get ready for the future. If you don't you're dead.

Anyway, nice to get to know you. See you here in these pages.

Take care,
Magnus
Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #30
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Magnus,

I'm a bit sorry I never quite made it over to Sweden when I was up in that 'region' (eg, Europe ). Closest I got was spending a week in Switzerland, at least they both start with "Sw"

Were your parents planning on coming over for the weather or the jobs?

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookstore, ebook business, retail