Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
chris1
chris1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
compatibility question for iLiad

Is there a version **without** wireless networking (i.e no bluetooth, no G3, no 802.11 etc.) that works with Mac OS 10.4?

I just don't trust wireless networks and I don't trust myself to properly secure them either.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...t/thankyou.gif in advance,
-- Chris
chris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The iLiad only uses it's Wifi connection if you tell it to connect/download. The conneciton doesn't run all the time. If you never tell it to connect, then it won't use it.

If you really need one that isn't capable of Wifi, then go with the iLiad Book Edition. It's basically the same as the iLiad v2, but without the Wifi feature.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
chris1

Is that the same thing as the iRex DS800S?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, the DR800S is an 8" version of the DR1000S. Both of those are the newer generation of devices. The iLiad is the previous generation. Completely different hardware and software.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
chris1

so iLiad book edition is the 1000S w/o wifi? I'm still confused stage presently. I just have a list of features I need and a few that I want. Unfortunately, I'm still struggling on how to find out what features each have and how compatible it is with OS 10.4.
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
so iLiad book edition is the 1000S w/o wifi? I'm still confused stage presently. I just have a list of features I need and a few that I want. Unfortunately, I'm still struggling on how to find out what features each have and how compatible it is with OS 10.4.
No, the iLiad has nothing to do with the DR devices (either DR800 or DR1000). The iLiad is an older device.

First generation:
iLiad v1 (802.11 wifi)
iLiad v2 (802.11 wifi)
iLiad Book Edition (no wireless)

Second generation:
DR1000S (no wireless)
DR800S (no wireless)
DR800SG (3G)