Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
dshafer
dshafer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 Screen Crash

Three-week-old Kindle 2 woke up this morning with the top half of the screen dead. Appears to be a hardware issue. After waiting on hold for more than 40 minutes for Amazon Kindle support, I sent them an email off their site.

This kind of stuff can happen, of course; the issue is going to be how long I'm without the device based on their support response.
dshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshafer View Post
Three-week-old Kindle 2 woke up this morning with the top half of the screen dead. Appears to be a hardware issue. After waiting on hold for more than 40 minutes for Amazon Kindle support, I sent them an email off their site.

This kind of stuff can happen, of course; the issue is going to be how long I'm without the device based on their support response.
They usually send replacements overnight, so you shouldn't be without for long. Sorry this happened to you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thats a ridiculously long hold time for Amazon, they should be ashamed
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
40 min., wow. I've never had to hold more than 5 min.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
dshafer

Well, Amazon shipped me a new Kindle 2 overnight and it's working fine so far. All my archived content was downloaded to the new Kindle quite quickly. My subscriptions didn't roll over automagically but when I went to Amazon.com, I was able to ask that future deliveries be made to the new, working Kindle. I'm sure that'll work fine.

So, overall, not such a negative experience as it seemed it might become. Last two times I had to call, hold times on my call were under 5 minutes.
Advert
Old 04-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
eneisch
eneisch began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Make sure you check the replacement for fading in direct sunlight!
eneisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
dshafer

Doesn't seem to fade in direct sunlight. Is that an issue a lot of folks are reporting?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Yes, it's a very common problem.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
40 min hold time? I was on hold for about 15 seconds... Though I didnt call them. I clicked on a link called "Call me" and sure as hell. my phone rang and the someone came on the line
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
beernutz
beernutz began at the beginning.

I had to send my Kindle back today which was disappointing but Friday when I called Amazon CS I was very pleasantly surprised. First it only took about 1 minute to get to someone who could help me, then after maybe 10 minutes of obligatory troubleshooting the CS rep agreed to 1 day ship me a replacement.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #11
lken37
lken37 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bad screen

Opened up my Kindle this evening and found a postage sized spot on the upper right of the screen that wouldn't go away. Called the help line and in less than a minute had a nice young fellow had me do a couple of tests and declared I had a defective unit. They are sending me a new one and instructions on how to return the bad one. Now that is the way to run a business.
Ken :-)
lken37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, kindle 2, screen