Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #136
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi, I am having problems also just trying to convert a small sample word file to epub
have tried many variations on the cmd line but always get the same result.
I am obviously being a dummy some where but can't see it - anybody help??

h:\ebook conversions >java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar lrftools-v0.9.193.jar convertDOCX h:\ebook conversion\out -EPUB
java.lang.NullpointerException
at lrf.docx.DOCX2EPUB.recurse(DOCX2EPUB.java:38)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertDOCXActionParams(RecurseDir s.java:274)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:92)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.main(RecurseDirs.java:40)

Have Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_12-b04)
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #137
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Improved GUI

This is an improved version. All options are added and now the GUI will call the LRFtools directly so it should be platform independent.

Honestly, I didn't check if all options work, so good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: rar LRFtools.rar (73.6 KB, 586 views)
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #138
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by knurps View Post
This happens to all books (various sources) I try to convert:

Code:
C:\LRF\2>java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar "c:\LRF\LRFTools.jar" convertLRF "c:\LRF\2" -HTML
Creating test.html...HTML Error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.lowagie.text.Meta.<init>(Unknown Source)
Anything I am doing wrong?
No, there was a BUG when author field cannot be get (null or encrypted). I've corrected it, I'll put new version soon.
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:27 AM   #139
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I noticed something odd... if I unzip the file under windows I get a single jar file. If I do it on a Mac, well, I get a ton of files, folders, and no LRFTools jar file.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #140
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
I'm having no success with any of the files I try. Am I doing this right?

Quote:
$ /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Commands/java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar /Users/tlc/bin/LRFTools-v0.9.193.jar convertLRF . -EPUB
Creating foo.epub...java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsExcepti on: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1905)
at lrf.html.StyleItem.translate(StyleItem.java:108)
at lrf.html.HtmlStyle.addTag(HtmlStyle.java:78)
at lrf.html.HtmlStyle.addTags(HtmlStyle.java:73)
at lrf.html.HtmlStyle.<init>(HtmlStyle.java:46)
at lrf.conv.RendererEPUB.push(RendererEPUB.java:42)
at lrf.objects.TextAtr.render(TextAtr.java:17)
at lrf.objects.tags.Tag.render(Tag.java:783)
at lrf.objects.Text.render(Text.java:20)
at lrf.objects.tags.TagStream.render(TagStream.java:3 2)
at lrf.objects.BBObj.itRendTags(BBObj.java:266)
at lrf.objects.Block.render(Block.java:24)
at lrf.objects.tags.TagStream.render(TagStream.java:3 2)
at lrf.objects.BBObj.itRendTags(BBObj.java:266)
at lrf.objects.Page.render(Page.java:15)
at lrf.objects.BBObj.itRendListRef(BBObj.java:258)
at lrf.objects.PageTree.render(PageTree.java:13)
at lrf.objects.BookAtr.render(BookAtr.java:23)
at lrf.objects.Book.getEPUB(Book.java:146)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.dumpToEpub(RecurseDirs.java:463)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertAction(RecurseDirs.java:529 )
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertActionParams(RecurseDirs.ja va:342)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:88)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.main(RecurseDirs.java:40)
EPUB Error
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #141
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like you are missing the directory where the files are located after convertLRF and before -EPUB
Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #142
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I'm having no success with any of the files I try. Am I doing this right?
Could you PM me the book? It seems to be a problem with font colors...
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #143
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
I did some debugging last night. Line 108 in StyleItem.java:

Code:
return new StyleItem("color","#"+Integer.toHexString(t.getValueAt(0)).substring(2));
getValueAt returns 0; toHexString returns "0"; substring throws an exception. I changed it to check for length < 2 before doing substring and the conversion completed, but I don't know if 0 valid and this is the right fix.

Also, when I tried to convert to RTF, I got other errors, which I fixed by changing Book#getRTF to guard against null author & title like it already did for null bookID and the conversion completed.

Code:
                if (getAuth() != null)
                        doc.addAuthor(getAuth());
                if (getTitle() != null)
                        doc.addTitle(getTitle());
                if(getBookID()!=null)
                        doc.addHeader("BookID", getBookID());
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #144
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

New Version 0.9.196

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I did some debugging last night. Line 108 in StyleItem.java:

getValueAt returns 0; toHexString returns "0"; substring throws an exception. I changed it to check for length < 2 before doing substring and the conversion completed, but I don't know if 0 valid and this is the right fix.

Also, when I tried to convert to RTF, I got other errors, which I fixed by changing Book#getRTF to guard against null author & title like it already did for null bookID and the conversion completed.
Great catch! I've commited these changes and others.
New version 0.9.196 ready to download.
@tlc: Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #145
tarifelagund
tarifelagund began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
If you type java -version in the command prompt, does it say 1.6?
I renamed the file to just be LRFTools.
tarifelagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #146
lordsilent
Enthusiast
lordsilent began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
n/m im retarded

Last edited by lordsilent; 03-14-2009 at 06:55 PM.
lordsilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #147
frank1960
frank1960 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The same problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I noticed something odd... if I unzip the file under windows I get a single jar file. If I do it on a Mac, well, I get a ton of files, folders, and no LRFTools jar file.
Hi,

anybody successful with the tool under Mac OS X?

Thanks,

Frank
frank1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #148
rcuadro
Wizard

I have had to unzip it under windows and then copied it to my Mac...
Old 03-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #149
rcuadro
Wizard

I take it that LRFTools cannot convert Sony's LRX format? When i try to convert them to HTML I get a blank page and it cannot do it to EPUB...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #150
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1960 View Post
Hi,

anybody successful with the tool under Mac OS X?

Thanks,

Frank
Yes, though it was the previous version. (my post, back in Dec. That's about a mac) I do rememember an issue like you have (no jar, just a lot of files). Don't recall how I fixed it --- I probably went to the author and had it resent as a jar. Or something. ??

But it *can* be done on a mac.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote