Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Tips on creating EPUB

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the creation of epub, first is there a performance gain from creating a toc.html file with multiple html linked to it or can we simply create a one page html and put everything on there with anchors and links. Will there be a performance decrease by doing the later? (document will have ALOT of art paintings and other jpgs).

Second question, is there an easy soft for converting LRF to EPUB. I started trying to import html to epub, but because of image resizing problems in caliber i opted to using LRF in the meantime. In the future will i be able to easely convert lrf to epub? (no anchors, link or anything fancy in these lrf, some are just scanned files created with pdfread).

anyway, any help is appreciated thanks!
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I've been taking the easy way out. I don't put anchors in or any kind of links. I set the highest level of the TOC in h2 tags, the next in h3, etc. I then tell calibre to look for those tags and create the TOC automatically.

So far it works beautifully.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
performance wise it's always better to split html into smaller chunks, but calibre can do this automatically for you, read the help of the various options

See lrftools for a way to convert lrf to epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for the info! Will probably just use caliber to split it then! Kind of doing a huge project so need the links and anchors. Making a book on the history of art from the renaissance to today with all the art pictures and painters and such. So would be hell without links !

thanks for the help guys, always fast !

Last edited by Student1; 03-22-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote