Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
magramtu
magramtu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wink Calibre doesn't recognize personal documents sent throught Amazon

Hi all,
i'm having some trouble figuring out what is it I can't see my personal documents (sent from my kindle e-mail to the device) when browsing the device library on Calibre.

This is the first time I've been using the Amazon Convertion Service, and I was expecting that Calibre would recognize the newly sent .azw file when I connected the device to the pc via USB like happens with any of the other .mobi files I've got in the main memory (.azw is the default output file extension for amazon's personal docs., if I'm not wrong).

I want to have the book file onto my computer because it needs some further editing (so far, the result via A Conversion Service it's been way more accurate than manually setting up Callibre to do it). Also, since I have ubuntu, I'm not sure if I can install the Kindle reader for pc and download it
the way I would with another device.

tl;dr: My Calibre doesn't recognize my personal documents sent through Amazon and, although I have some suspiction it might have something to do with DRM, I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas about what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.
-M.

pd.I have a Kindle Touch.
magramtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre in debug mode (right click on preferences) and you will get detailed information on all the files calibre finds and indexes on the device. ANd since you're on linux, uninstall the distro provided package and install the official calibre binary.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle, kindle formats, kindle touch