Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast
PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Amazon Kindle DX Graphite [SOLD LOCALLY]

Hi guys,

I'm looking to sell my Amazon Kindle DXG. I know I don't have too many posts here, but I hope that from the few posts I have made here in the past (I'm not going to post 50 posts in 5 hours to show my "status" or something) that you know I"m a genuine member and I'm not looking to pull a fast one over anyone. I hope everyone interested will also be of the same intent as I am.

The device is in fantastic condition, I daresay it's like-new. You'd never be able to tell that this device was used. I'm a very careful user, and for the few instances that a family member has held the device, I hover over them like a ghost to make sure it does not leave my eyes. Hence, there are no scratches or anything.

However, it should be noted that the letters "ck" in "Back" have started to fade a little bit. I'm guessing even with a brand new kindle dxg, the same will occur over time due to the type of paint and plastic surface they've used here. The pictures will show you what I mean by the fading.

Also, it should be noted that if you're interested and do end up buying the device, please read my thread here should you ever encounter a weird "broken" looking screen when using the kindle in mass-storage mode in Windows 7 or Vista. The solution and explanation for the issue can be directly found here in that same thread. I just want to put this out there so users will not think that they're getting a defective product when it's clearly an ejection issue with Windows 7. Another point I should make is that due to the nature of the pearl e-ink screen, when you flip pages, sometimes you might see traces, or remnants of the previous page or previous animation (it occurs more in the menu and rarely while reading). This is normal. Simple press ALT+G to refresh the page and it'll go away.

Again, the Kindle DXG itself is in 100% working condition and I would say 99.95% cosmetic condition.

Lastly, the reason I'm looking to sell it (for those of you who might ask this) is that because I rarely used the device (and I literally mean rarely). For the original intentions of reading academic journals, I found that the device was a little inadequate as my academic PDFs are all two-columns and the lack of firmware update to match the K3's PDF highlighting and annotations has made it fairly pointless for me.

There, I hope I've provided as much useful information as I can in helping you make a decision if this device might end up being yours!

My asking price of $250 (shipping included for buyers within the US) will include the following:
- 1x Kindle DX Graphite (updated to the latest firmware of 2.5.7 I think).
- 1x USB cable for charging with the wall-adapter (the default white).
- 1x Yellow m-edge case (dirt free, and stain free, super clean and pristine).
- 1x Kradle stand (forgot the exact name, it's function can be seen in the photos).
- 1x little nub to cover the 3.5mm jack to prevent dust and dirt from accumulating in it (see pictures).

I'm open to counteroffers (that are within reason). So feel free to share em. I also typically prefer to sell it within the US, but if you're not from the US, that's fine as well, but please be aware that I may choose not to sell it depending on what my gut tells me (do not take offense, it's nothing personal).

Thanks for reading!
P.S. The sale is for everything listed. I'm sorry, but I won't be selling just the DXG alone.

Quote:
UPDATES:
7/21/2011: Price reduced from $325 to $285.
7/22/2011: Price reduced from $285 to $270.
7/25/2011: Price reduced from $270 to $260.
8/08/2011: Price reduced from $260 to $250.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000086.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	66207   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000087.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	66208   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000088.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	66209   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000089.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	66210   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000090.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	66211   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000091.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	66212   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000093.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	66213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	66214  

Last edited by PoisonWolf; 08-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.
PoisonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
My asking price of $340 (shipping included) ...
You may want to clarify that statement. Do you mean that it includes shipping anywhere in the world?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast
PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You may want to clarify that statement. Do you mean that it includes shipping anywhere in the world?
Thanks for that, totally forgot that there are international buyers here.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
How much for just Kindle?
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
How much for just Kindle?
Sorry Betepok, I'm looking to sell everything together. It would be pointless for me to keep cases, stands, etc. I hope you understand.

If you're interested, feel free to throw an offer.

Thanks for looking.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast

Price lowered to 325.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can offer you $350 (shipping via EMS to Belarus included). Payment via PayPal, but you will have to send it to different address, since PP doesn't work with Belarus and I will use exchange service. If you are agree - please upload a photo of the reader with a piece of paper on it with current date and your username.
let me know what do you think.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast

Quote:
I can offer you $350 (shipping via EMS to Belarus included). Payment via PayPal, but you will have to send it to different address, since PP doesn't work with Belarus and I will use exchange service. If you are agree - please upload a photo of the reader with a piece of paper on it with current date and your username.
let me know what do you think.
Hi Betepok,

Here's the photo you requested first so you and everyone can confirm that the photos weren't random snapshots taken from the internet.

About your offer, could you let me know how much it typically costs to ship to Belarus? Or wherever it is you want me to ship it to? You can PM me the address if you're uncomfortable with posting it here, I'd totally understand.

Cheers,
Thanks for looking again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110207_170629.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	66289  
Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
BeTePoK
Guru

Thank you for your photo. Shipping to Belarus via EMS costs about $40. Unfortunately, I can't offer you more.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #11
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you for your photo. Shipping to Belarus via EMS costs about $40. Unfortunately, I can't offer you more.
Hey Betepok,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

I think I'm going to have to humbly decline your offer. Thank you though for your time, I appreciate it.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
PoisonWolf, can you ship to Washington State? I might be interested in buying your Kindle depending on your answer.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #13
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Also, can you email me at tayseidel@gmail.com if you are willing to ship to Washington State? What method of payment would you accept? Paypal?
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #14
fanaudegures
Banned
fanaudegures began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Still available?
fanaudegures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast

Hi folks,

I apologize for my sudden hiatus from replying in this thread. I've been busy moving, caught up with work, etc that this post here really just slipped my mind. I apologize for this!

Having said that, I wanted to let you guys that this item is still available. After settling down, I realized that I still have the Kindle just laying around. Haha.

Anyhow, I have now reduced my asking price for all the items. Since this posting, I have only picked it up two to three times and that was to run MP3s for about 30 minutes to exercise the battery. I don't let any of my electronics idle too long without exercising/charging the battery.

Haven't really touched it for anything else. =)

Again, the asking price has been reduced. See the first post for updates!
P.S. I hope you guys can take my statements as true when I tell you that this Kindle has been well-taken care of.

Last edited by PoisonWolf; 07-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.