Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
froghat
froghat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Making an images-only ebook for nook color-- problems

Hi All,

I'm using Calibre to make an image-only Children's epub book for use on the Nook Color. I'm converting it from an html+images source.

The nook color comes preloaded with two Kid's ebooks and they display in landscape mode, with a nice scrolling effect when you turn the pages. I can figure out how to get my eBook in landscape mode, (just rotate the images in an image editor) but, when I view it, there is no nice scroll effect when I turn the pages, plus, the nook still thinks it's in portrait (up and down) mode, and I have to turn the pages by pressing the top and bottom of the nook, which is confusing. I want to turn the pages from the right-hand side like the preloaded kid's books. So, can Calibre do this, or do I have to tweak something? So, my questions are:

(1) how to get the nice scroll effect and
(2) how to force the nook to turn pages from the right-hand side, when viewing in landscape mode.

Thanks for your help
Tom
froghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
vonlogan
vonlogan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Me too...

Tom,
I'm in the same boat. In addition to landscape mode, I would also like to know how to use the "read to me" option and the text zoom-in ability. I haven't been able to find out anything so far. Also, all my ebooks on the Nook have a white border around them while some of the children's books pre-loaded on the Nook are completely full screen.
Does anyone know how to achieve any of these effects? Please share.
Thanks,
-vonlogan
vonlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You might have better luck asking in the Nook forum. These all sound like Nook specific features.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
theolightfoot
theolightfoot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle Fire
Try formatting the book in Word, including importing the images as jpgs. Save the Word file as a web page and zip the file and web files together. This kind of formatting works when uploading a book to the Nook self-publishing platform, so it might work in Calibre. To see how the Word formatting looks, you could check out my book. Just search "Tiger and Mouse " in the Nook store.
theolightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook images