Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
JRAWKER
Connoisseur
JRAWKER began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
Is it possible to skip to any page desired?

By possibly entering the page number and jumping that way?
JRAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to jump to a specific page. The numbers at the bottom move you through the document in percentage jumps (1 is 10%, 2 is 20%, and so on)

If you hold down the forward or back buttons it will jump 10 pages at a time. Using both of these you can get fairly close to where you want to be...

Jump to page has been on everyone's wishlist since the Reader was released though... we already have the number keys.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Last night I wanted to continue reading a book when I noticed that both, history + bookmarks were wiped out. I can only guess that it must have happened when I synced a few new books via the Connect software. Imagine my pain when I had to scan a 1200-pages book -- without search and only 10 hardkeys to jump -- to pick up where I left off.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #4
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I should never have answered this question. I hooked up my reader to charge, came back an hour later and found out that instead of charging, it just drained the battery completely-- doesn't seem to charge at all anymore (or start).

I also lost my progress halfway through a 2500 page book... Irony.

*sigh*
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:35 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
One "workaround" is to set the bookmark using the Connect software on PC (you can use search) and then transfer the book to the device again.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
@igor: Good idea, haven't thought about this!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
My observation is that the Sony only seems to update the XML file it puts the current page/book marks into when you move from one book to another.

This has become of increasing importance to me as I crash my Reader whilst working on the filesystem protocol. So I don't have to imagine your pain Alex.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumbo
I should never have answered this question. I hooked up my reader to charge, came back an hour later and found out that instead of charging, it just drained the battery completely-- doesn't seem to charge at all anymore (or start).
If you let the battery get too flat it won't charge via USB - you have to use the wall charger.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

search in the connect software is useful, though is there a way to do 10 page skip in the CONNECT?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluck
... is there a way to do 10 page skip in the CONNECT?
Nope, and I find that lack to be pretty annoying, actually. I can see (barely, if I tilt my head and squinch up my eyes) how they overlooked the "go to page" feature on the Reader itself, but missing it on the ConnSoft is totally baffling to me, I can only guess it was a result of finishing it in a bit of a rush.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote