Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
dawog
dawog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (3rd Gen)
Economist Recipe not working - anyone else experiencing problems?

Hi...

I'm unable to fetch the Economist today. The new issue is up & available on their site and I'm logged in.

Here's a snippet from the conversion error:

Python function terminated unexpectedly
Could not find any articles, either the economist.com server is having trouble and you should try later or the website format has changed and the recipe needs to be updated. (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1088, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\recipe_ input.py", line 119, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 1023, in download
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 1190, in build_index
File "<string>", line 162, in parse_index
__builtin__.NoArticles: Could not find any articles, either the economist.com server is having trouble and you should try later or the website format has changed and the recipe needs to be updated.

Last edited by dawog; 12-14-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: correct the title
dawog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
Affenkopf
Affenkopf began at the beginning.

Got the same error message.
Affenkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
tokjdm
tokjdm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Same problem here this morning
tokjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
kinming
kinming began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
same problem; any idea who might be able to fix it?
looking forward to the annual double-issue;
kinming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
dawog

Economist Recipe not working - anyone else experiencing problems?

I think the Calibre creator, Kovid Goyal, fixed it earlier this year when Economist changed their format... but I reckon he's extremely busy.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e4426d18bf1207
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #7
dawog

Mucho Thanks, Koval! The recipe works great now!
Old 12-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #8
dawog

Oops! My apologies! I meant "Thank You, Kovid!"
Old 12-15-2017, 02:03 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome
Old 12-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #10
Peekaboo
Peekaboo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just wanted to add, that like everyone else, I got the same errors last night, but was able to download it this morning without any fix, so I guess another theory might be that they might have been later than usual in putting it online...

Thanks to Kovid nonetheless.

Alas, it's a shame that the same can't be said of 'The Financial Times' recipe which has seen its recipe being AWOL again for months now. Only the news headlines are downloading. It seems that every time someone eventually gets round to updating the FT recipe, it's only a matter of weeks before they modify their data, rendering the recipe outdated and back to square one...
Peekaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

recipe's are updated automatically.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:39 AM   #12
xav
xav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Hello,
Today "The Economics" articles are fetched but we get the message "Join to get 5 free articles per month..." and not the full article, for some of them. I guess they changed their format again ?
Thanks a lot for your work with Calibre, I'm enjoying it every hour I read in English or german
BTW I had also created my own receipe for DW.de / Deutsch XXL articles (to improve my german, as I'm french) some years ago. It still works, but I've never published it. Where should I send it ?
xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #13
xav
xav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xav View Post
Hello,
Today "The Economics" articles are fetched but we get the message "Join to get 5 free articles per month..." and not the full article, for some of them. I guess they changed their format again ?
Thanks a lot for your work with Calibre, I'm enjoying it every hour I read in English or german
BTW I had also created my own receipe for DW.de / Deutsch XXL articles (to improve my german, as I'm french) some years ago. It still works, but I've never published it. Where should I send it ?
...I've updated Calibre to the last version (I was previously on v. 3.8) and it now works, sorry for the message and the confusion.
You can delete my post, as the most up to date thread is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323753
Thanks !
xav is offline   Reply With Quote