Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #961
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Just my first sub-73kg weight for months this morning. Now I just need to keep from snacking for the next three months and I'll be at my target weight. Past experience shows I'm not good at this, but I shall do my best.
A whole week of sub-72kg weights now. On to 70kg!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #962
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
A whole week of sub-72kg weights now. On to 70kg!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #963
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And three days of sub-71kg measurements. I just need to keep this up for another couple of months and I'll be at my target weight and can work on keeping to a weight rather than losing weight.

(I'm aiming at between 65kg and 70kg (closer to 70kg), which for me is BMI of 20-22 or so.)
Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #964
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I've just had a read back over my posts here for the past three years. I seem to have been cycling between 72kg and 75kg or so. Not good! It does seem to be the Christmas Holidays that are my big downfall, so this year I resolve to show a little bit more restraint.

I don't think I've recorded sub-71kg weights before now though, so perhaps I'll be able to get to my target weight and stay there this time.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #965
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
And three days of sub-71kg measurements. I just need to keep this up for another couple of months and I'll be at my target weight and can work on keeping to a weight rather than losing weight.

(I'm aiming at between 65kg and 70kg (closer to 70kg), which for me is BMI of 20-22 or so.)

Are you only using BMI or are you tracking body fat percentage too? I only ask because I've heard that highly trained athletes can show as obese in BMI.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:44 AM   #966
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Are you only using BMI or are you tracking body fat percentage too? I only ask because I've heard that highly trained athletes can show as obese in BMI.
Yes, muscle is dense and if you're heavily muscled you will have a high BMI. But I'm not a highly trained athlete.

BMI is only a very rough guide, of course, and shouldn't be used as the only measure. One could have a BMI in the 'good' range of 20-25 and be malnourished from a variety of reasons.

But I think I'm doing things OK. I don't obsess over food, and my weight has been in the 72-76kg range for the past four years or so (and I don't think I've ever been above 80kg or below about 67kg since I stopped getting taller.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-08-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #967
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
The lightest I've been was 70kg. The heaviest, 102kg. Last time I checked I was 89kg. I intend to exercise, but it's such a lonely activity.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #968
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I was shocked when I got on the scale and it had me at 160, I thought I had been gaining weight. I tend to fluctuate between 160 and 165. I am going to try a new gym in my area in September. It has a 30 day for $30 program and you can work with a trainer during that entire 30 days. I really need to kick start my workouts and am bored at the Y. Hopefully I will pick up some new exercises and get myself motivated again.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #969
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Does it make sense if I lose weight so that I can gain weight? I feel like I have to lose a couple more kg in time for Christmas so that I can binge on all those cakes and snacks when Christmas (and then New Year, Valentine Day and Lunar New Year) roll about and not feel too bad when I gained weight because of all those non-stop eating (sorry resistance is futile for me)...
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #970
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Soda View Post
Does it make sense if I lose weight so that I can gain weight? I feel like I have to lose a couple more kg in time for Christmas so that I can binge on all those cakes and snacks when Christmas (and then New Year, Valentine Day and Lunar New Year) roll about and not feel too bad when I gained weight because of all those non-stop eating (sorry resistance is futile for me)...
Not a problem. You've still got 120 days before the big day!

Meanwhile, I've been putting on weight so I can lose weight. I've been putting on muscle mass on my thighs and shoulders, but losing size around my waist. Once I was able to get back to an active sport I really love, getting back in shape became much easier.

Stitchawl
Old 08-26-2014, 03:17 AM   #971
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Soda View Post
That is how I think too. I want to lost 5 kg before the festival of "Diwali" that my family celebrates.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #972
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Rofl, I think maintaining the diet and activity is harder than actually taking the first step with all these temptations around, especially if you have a sweet tooth and a weak willpower like me. All those expiring snacks at home are not helping as I feel like I need to help finish them so that they don't go to waste. No more spree buying anymore for me. Lesson learned! I need to lose some weight before Christmas, even 1 or 2kg is good enough considering I don't exercise much. I need to find an active sport I really like. Good luck to everyone in losing weight!
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #973
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Today I had my first sub-70kg measurement! I expect it'll be a few more weeks before I'm regularly below 70kg, but it does seem that this time I'm going to get to my target weight. Now to make sure I stay there!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #974
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Today I had my first sub-70kg measurement! I expect it'll be a few more weeks before I'm regularly below 70kg, but it does seem that this time I'm going to get to my target weight. Now to make sure I stay there!
Congratulation! You've been working hard for this one!

Stitchawl
Old 10-19-2014, 05:44 AM   #975
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I'm still on this wheat-free diet (it's not a "diet", really, more a change of eating habits, as it is a permanent lifestyle change, and I don't calorie count or avoid anything else).

Although progress is slow, I have now lost 12 pounds (5.5Kg) and am currently 180 pounds (81Kg), exactly halfway to my target weight of 168 pounds (76Kg).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote