Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #91
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
It may be activated by a gesture I haven't implemented yet. Same for switching portrait/landscape. According to the userguide they actually have a gesture for that now.

Last edited by xor_; 05-13-2013 at 08:28 AM.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #92
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
To use dict on PDFs, it is also needed to install the Tesseract OCR files. After that highlighting a word is enough.

Last edited by thomass; 05-13-2013 at 10:14 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #93
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, I found the sweet spot on the Glo to activate the lower menu in landscape(thanks Paola), but couldn't find a way to translate 90 degrees and get a file to go back to portrait mode. It's funny as it seems the original portrait touch coordinates work for the top menu in landscape mode, so you'd expect the lower menu positions would remain the same, but maybe not if somebody had started to make changes... It's going to be pretty nice when those translations are made for landscape mode.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #94
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
glad you managed - but isn't it frustrating being so close and yet so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
It's going to be pretty nice when those translations are made for landscape mode.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #95
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Mini
Hello man Can Koreader when I use cover sleep sleep Kobo Mini?
mastnacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
KOreader is up and running; thank you!

Everything worked well, including sizing of text and justification but setting page margins manually crashed the Glo. Reflow is amazing.

Last edited by Thalinor; 05-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #97
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
KOreader is up and running; thank you!

Everything worked well, including sizing of text and justification but setting page margins manually crashed the Glo. Reflow is amazing.
Is there an installable version of KOreader for Touch?
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #98
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just take the one for Glo (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=73) and use the patch for user interface (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=74)

It worked for me, but is still a bit unstable on my device. Got a few unreproduceable freezes and the user input in landscape mode doesn't work properly. It gets not turned 90 degree like the screen so you have to guess, where to tap for any input in landscape mode. Although normal mode works perfect!

Well done @developers! Thank you for that!
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #99
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm getting close to having the current UI code of Koreader working on my Glo. But there's still something I'm missing.

On the Lua side, the modified files are device.lua and inputevent.lua.
The problem seems to lie in inputevent.lua, since the same device.lua works with the older, KPV-based interface code (included for reference as inputevent-ok.lua and gesturedetector-ok.lua).

When I make the obvious, KPV-based GLO changes to inputevent.lua, the device seems to get stuck in the first gesture without ever updating the screen.

If I add some code to handle ABS_MT_PRESSURE (which actually has been dropped in the more recent UI code), I get the device to respond to gestures, and to update the screen. But it somehow over-responds: a single tap makes it turn several pages, and a swipe even more. It still seems to miss the correct end of a gesture.

I've tried to play with the timing values in gesturedetector.lua, but to no avail.

There's probably just something small I'm missing, but as of right now, I'm missing it.

(If you want to compile the binaries, I've added the changed files relative to github in the src - subdirectory. They're identical to Giorgio's changes for KPV).

////
Note: If you can't read code, you can safely skip this one. In terms of practical usage, what I posted in 73 is still the best we have. This is targeted to people who understand Koreader / the Linux input system a bit better than I do.

We're close, and this is turning out to be a very nice program. Let's get this working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip koreader-koboglo-test.zip (9.80 MB, 212 views)

Last edited by xor_; 06-02-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #100
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Thanks xor_ for the update... I've started hacking on this again a little at a time. I'm trying to do things "clean" this time, in order to have official support in the mainline version. As of the input part, the main difference is that Kindles support multitouch while our kobo doesn't... In my copy of KPV I've somehow emulated it using the pressure value, if I'm not mistaken they didn't drop its usage, I've added it in the first place ^^
However I am planning to try to compile a kernel module that will output multitouch events, so that we'll have automatically support for each type of gesture without trying to "emulate" with single touch events. The hardware should be capable of this, it's just kobo developers not making use of it.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #101
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Go Giorgio, Go! I'd love to see multi-touch, and pinch zoom come to Kobo land. It's a shame Kobo has not implemented it.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #102
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Go Giorgio, Go! I'd love to see multi-touch, and pinch zoom come to Kobo land. It's a shame Kobo has not implemented it.
yes Giorgio, xor and all developers, you have a lot of enthusiastic supporters!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #103
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
xor_ if you're ok with this, we could pursue these two ways separately... you could try to fix input by "emulation", kind of what I did with kpv, and I'll try to add multitouch support with a kernel module. Since I am not 100% sure this can be done, at least we'll have something working decently in a short time!
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #104
xor_
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
In my copy of KPV I've somehow emulated it using the pressure value, if I'm not mistaken they didn't drop its usage, I've added it in the first place
Ah, that's good to know. I never saw the original you had made your fixes to. By the time I looked at it, they had modified it significantly.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #105
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
However I am planning to try to compile a kernel module that will output multitouch events, so that we'll have automatically support for each type of gesture without trying to "emulate" with single touch events.
Well, this will be very cool... but there's no software nor hack that needs multitouch on Kobo for now
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote