Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #16
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Ok so it should be gray's or any other "hackers" work to fix this.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
Zel
Zealot
Zel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360° + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Chinese is working fine with the software supplied by PocketBook, though.
It is not working fine with the software supplied by PocketBook THAT'S the problem. Chinese books don't work with the adobe Reader and when I use the fb-reader words/ signs get cut off at the right edge.. I'm just disappointed about that, coz no one seems to care about this.

When someone aks if it is possible to read chinese with the PB, everyone from PocketBook answers quickly that is possible (which is not true!)
But now - no one can help

EDIT: I'm sorry, I must correct myself: When I use chinese books in pdf-format, it is possible to read chinese (even in reflow-mode) - which is great.
The only disappointment is: now I'm not able to scroll back - just forward (it doesn't matter with which button)

Last edited by Zel; 07-01-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #18
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Sorry, my Chinese is a bit rusted.
But we'll try to solve this problem. Normally fbreader does an autohyphenation. Could that be your problem?
FBReader doesn't support autohyphenation with chinese. Anyway, the problem with chinese is the same with PocketBooks FBReader version as well as with graynm76's version - both seem to be based on FBReader 0.8.15 (released February 26, 2008).

According to FBReader's changelog since version 0.8.16 (releasedMarch 20 2008) the linebreaking rules for chinese should be fixed. Is it really so hard for the PocketBook devs to release a new FBReader.app based on a current version of FBReader?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
FBReader doesn't support autohyphenation with chinese. Anyway, the problem with chinese is the same with PocketBooks FBReader version as well as with graynm76's version - both seem to be based on FBReader 0.8.15 (released February 26, 2008).

According to FBReader's changelog since version 0.8.16 (releasedMarch 20 2008) the linebreaking rules for chinese should be fixed. Is it really so hard for the PocketBook devs to release a new FBReader.app based on a current version of FBReader?
Yes. The later versions slow down the device a lot. That's why this version is still used. Right now, our devs don't concentrate anymore on fbreader but develop a better reader app based on webkit.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #20
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes. The later versions slow down the device a lot. That's why this version is still used. Right now, our devs don't concentrate anymore on fbreader but develop a better reader app based on webkit.
I guess it's too early to publish an expected release date for the new reader app, right?

I will try to get in contact with graynm76 and ask him whether he could update the FBReader version used in his hacked FBReader.app.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
I guess it's too early to publish an expected release date for the new reader app, right?

I will try to get in contact with graynm76 and ask him whether he could update the FBReader version used in his hacked FBReader.app.
Yes, I won't offer any expected release dates concerning software anymore.

I know SFF already tried to implement an older version but gave up because of the speed issues.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
I know SFF already tried to implement an older version but gave up because of the speed issues.
Well, only an update from 0.8.15 to 0.8.16 is required. If we can trust the changelog it would solve the problem with wrong linebreaks for chinese and shouldn't effect the speed. It's just a minor update...

I think SFF tried to update from 0.8.15 to a current 0.12.x version, which was a major update and may have resulted in many side effects.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
Zel
Zealot
Zel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360° + Kindle 3
I edited my text because it is possible to read chinese books in pdf format with the adobe-reader. (even in reflow-mode - which is great!)
But (which is just a little disappointing): I'm not able to scroll back - just forward (it doesn't matter which buttons I use).
Zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #24
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
This is a known bug on the 15.2 fw.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
netseeker
sleepless reader

I got in contact with GrayNM and opened a ticket regarding wrong linebreaking with chinese content.