Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 06:57 PM   #61
dskag
Enthusiast
dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
I am also disastrously picky and the Oasis for me was had such terrible lighting that reading on it was a real distracting chore. Which was a shame as I loved the weight of device and thought it was a pretty neat bit of tech... but it looks like Kobo has hit this one out of the park! Maybe this is the One indeed - one Ereader to replace them all, one Ereader to bind them...!

One thing I loved about the Voyage was the text on it looked like it was floating, really popped out. Wasn't on the Oasis. Wonder if the Kobo is the same? Glad to hear that a bigger screen means more immersive reading - music to my ears!

According to tracking info my device hasn't even been scanned at the post office yet, even though I got an email confirming it being shipped yesterday... grrrrrrrrr!!!
When did you order and where did you order from? I haven't received a shipped notice or tracking yet. Can hardly wait to see it!

I agree with the Oasis screen being a distraction. I sent back two. Loved it otherwise though.
dskag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:57 PM   #62
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolson View Post
New to Kobo and just placed an order from Chapters Indigo. I have been reading primarily on Kindles. Can Auro One owners please answer these questions:

- How is the screen responsiveness to highlighting text?
- Can I access my highlights once I connect Kobo to my computer? Kindle allows me to access my highlights via a simple text file. Very important to me.
Why didn't you order Direct from Kobo? Chapters is asking $20 More ??
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #63
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagepack View Post
Calibre 2.65.1 (windows 64bit) side loading a epub novel.

Error message "warning failed", "kobo database version unsupported"
Likely not a big deal. The Aura One firmware is newer than what was currently in the wild before the device was released so Calibre doesn't know about it yet. Davidfor has the update submitted so it should be in the next version of Calibre.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #64
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't had their Chapters/Indigo pre-order shipped? I pre-ordered on the 29th.
Eeek, that sounds like an error mate, I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped out a couple of hours later... I would contact them.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:59 PM   #65
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
They are? are you sure?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #66
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskag View Post
When did you order and where did you order from? I haven't received a shipped notice or tracking yet. Can hardly wait to see it!

I agree with the Oasis screen being a distraction. I sent back two. Loved it otherwise though.
Ordered mine fro£ Chapters Canada yesterday who told me its been shipped but the tracking info hasn't been updated since! If it hasn't been scanned anywhere then it's not even in transit yet... booooo!

This is apt: https://xkcd.com/281/
Old 08-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #67
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't had their Chapters/Indigo pre-order shipped? I pre-ordered on the 29th.
Check your junk mail folder. I ordered on the 29th and according to tracking should be tomorrow by end of day.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:11 PM   #68
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
They are? are you sure?
Chapters ... $249 ... Kobo ..... $229 = $20 MORE

https://us.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-aura-one

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...7240-item.html

Links Prove what I am saying..
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:12 PM   #69
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I guess I'm not understanding what's the hang up on firmware version of a new device?

JJ
I have Overdrive in the settings menu - and a later version of the firmware.

Obviously Kobo will be sending out an update which adds the support for library ebooks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #70
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Also Badereader just uploaded a new Aura One review! Let's see how many things they manage tl completely gloss over/fail to mention this time.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:15 PM   #71
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Actually that's 249 CAD which is about 190 US Dollars.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #72
robko
Wizard

Quote:

What you are missing is that the Kobo price you are quoting is in U.S.$ whereas the Chapters price is in Canadian $. After the currency exchange the Chapters Aura One is likely somewhere below 200 U.S. dollars depending where the exchange rate is today and free shipping.

Sniped again
Old 08-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #73
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Also Badereader just uploaded a new Aura One review! Let's see how many things they manage tl completely gloss over/fail to mention this time.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:23 PM   #74
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Because with the exchange rate I save a crap ton...

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 PM   #75
robko
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
OK, I'm holding you personally responsible for the 5 minutes out of my life that it took me to get through that that I'm never getting back . I should have stopped after the 1st para or even the 2nd but as bad as it was I couldn't stop myself. Must be a pretty neat trick manufacturing trick to solder an SD CARD onto a circuit board