Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Question Anything about the Sony reader app for Android?

Sony did announce their reader app for Android for December.
I haven't heard anything about it for the last 4 weeks or so.

Having ca. 300 Sony books I'm very interested in that app. And probably it would be a nice alternative for DRMed ePUBs.

Any news?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yes.

They're waiting on Apple.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes.

They're waiting on Apple.
Thanks for the info.
So this means, they'll launch for Android and iOS in parallel?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Yes. They're waiting to see if Apple demands changes that would then have to be applied to the other versions to maintain parity.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
I NEED a Sony app for the iPad so I can move those several unread books I bought over to my main reading device, apart from the codices stacked on a table. At this point I'm reading them up as fast as I can so I can consolidate to one device (I have three: iPad, Kindle, and the first Sony that came out, the 500) because it's all too complicated. The old Sony has a bad book acquisition process --- it's really unusable, crashes, things vanish regularly, "updates" trash all the books, etc. So I need to put everything on one dependable device and that seems to be the iPad, especially since I can follow book locales on iPad maps --- did you know there really actually IS a Monte Cristo island? Who knew?

So there is no Sony-iPad app out yet. I keep checking. Why should there EVER be one? Amazon wants to sell books and would give the Kindle away free if it had to --- but Sony mainly wants to sell the device, right? So an app for iPad would ruin that strategy.
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
It's out!
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
for some reason i am not able to find it in the market..i have a dell streak on froyo..
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #8
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

It is just called Reader.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #9
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
It is just called Reader.
i searched for that and some other names and also through the qr code..just cant find it..
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie

Well . . . maybe try www.AppBrain.com -- otherwise, I don't know.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
for some reason i am not able to find it in the market..i have a dell streak on froyo..
Maybe it thinks you're running Android 2.1?

It's only available for 2.2 and above.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Maybe it thinks you're running Android 2.1?

It's only available for 2.2 and above.
Now that totally sucks.....
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
mgmueller
Member Retired

Sony Reader app

I didn't find it in the German market as well.
It's in the US market.
It's a huge letdown though.
Interface nothing special. Homescreen heavily loaded with tons on icons, not very nice.
AND: I only find 36 of my ca. 350 eBooks I've bought from Sony for download. I've downloaded way more (ca. 200) in ePUB format from their store.
Unfortunately, no reason for me to keep it.
I easily can download those ePUBs to other DRM-capable apps.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I didn't find it in the German market as well.
It's in the US market.
It's a huge letdown though.
Interface nothing special. Homescreen heavily loaded with tons on icons, not very nice.
AND: I only find 36 of my ca. 350 eBooks I've bought from Sony for download. I've downloaded way more (ca. 200) in ePUB format from their store.
Unfortunately, no reason for me to keep it.
I easily can download those ePUBs to other DRM-capable apps.
Someone else mentioned that they only have access to some books.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd expect it to only be available in the US, because the Sony Store is only available to people there (and perhaps Canada?).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote