Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
7Strawberries
7Strawberries began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Post Need help: White edges and added awards for no reason

Got a kobo glo hd from JB HI FI.
When it refreshes or if there is a black background there are two white lines on the right and bottom screen edge. Also when it's in screensaver mode, there is a black line that runs across the bottom of the screen.
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	940.1 KB
ID:	144894

Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	898.5 KB
ID:	144895

Should i return it?

Second, in the Extras section where there is a Reading Awards list, I've just opened the Kobo Glo Hd today and somehow I've got " Scout Leader": for meeting 10 Kobo Achievements, but I've only done 4 achievements; "Highly Docorated"; and " All You can Eat": where i meant to have many ebooks, but actually I only got two ebooks in the shelf.
Does this mean someone used it and returned it to the shop? Or is it some kind of glitch.

Last edited by 7Strawberries; 12-25-2015 at 08:49 AM.
7Strawberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'm not sure what's going on with those lines - the pics are pretty dark and fuzzy - but I'm guessing it may be that the screen is misaligned? I'd exchange it for sure.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Agree with Meera -- exchange it. Looks like the screen wasn't placed quite properly when it was built.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo hd, reading awards list, screen, white lines