Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #1
Gabey8
Gabey8 began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC XO-1
Is anyone having an issue with The Daily not updating?

Has anyone had an issue with The Daily not updating?

I have a Nook that's updated to v1.3, and I've noticed that all my files on The Daily are several days old. The most recent ones are from 5/21.

In the absence of having a "refresh" button (Hello, B&N? I have a suggestion for v1.4...), is there any way to jump-start The Daily into retrieving the most current files?
Gabey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Have you tried the "Check for new..." option in the library? I don't know if it works or not but it might.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabey8 View Post
Has anyone had an issue with The Daily not updating?

I have a Nook that's updated to v1.3, and I've noticed that all my files on The Daily are several days old. The most recent ones are from 5/21.

In the absence of having a "refresh" button (Hello, B&N? I have a suggestion for v1.4...), is there any way to jump-start The Daily into retrieving the most current files?
I've had this issue in the past - mainly because my nook is always on airplane mode. What works for me is to turn off airplane mode before going to The Daily. Once it's off, give it a sec for the airplane logo to go away, and then go to The Daily.

The previous suggestion to select 'Check for New Content' in My B&N Library also helps to force a refresh of The Daily.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yes you have to make sure it's off of airplane mode and wi fi is on, I'm not sure if 3G alone will update it, but I do know Wi Fi does.

Last edited by boswd; 06-02-2010 at 12:08 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #5
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
yes you have to make sure it's off of airplane mode and wi fi is on, I'm not sure if 3G alone will update it, but I do know Wi Fi does.
It definitely works on 3G. I've never figured out how to setup WiFi with my WEP-secured network, and access everything through 3G.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Gabey8
Gabey8 began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC XO-1
I actually got it to refresh by turning off WiFi and relying on 3G.

I'm not sure if there are Gremlins with the WiFi, or if they're gone, but now I'll turn it back on and see if it still updates at this time tomorrow.

If not, I absolutely will try the "Check for New Content" option in the library.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Doggoned Gremlins. Remind me to find out how to eradicate them, so I can write an ebook about the process and make sure all Nook owners can obtain a copy.
Gabey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #7
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
i Had this problem yesterday, I unregistered my nook then re-registered it and it started working fine.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote