Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #46
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Ok, fixed that and committed changes to the repository. (renamed functions, as the names are used several times as popen, and only once as openp)
I've also reformatted the code to be more in line with the rest of PRS+, I hope it's not a problem.

PS
Oh, only now I read the updated post.
Yes, possible, but sad that one has to write special code for the test environment.
So somehow x,y aren't related to the parent group, eh? =/
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #47
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Especially for clemenseken, "nightly build" of the Sim-Environment.
Attached Files
File Type: rar FSK Test x.03 per 26.11.2010.rar (2.00 MB, 262 views)
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #48
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Hi Mark,
thanks for your nightly build -
that's working perfectly from the start!
I hope to spend some time this coming weekend to get a grip for what you did to make the autostart apps work on a touchscreen.
More to you in a PM...

EDIT:
I attached the missing MS-VB-dll (downloaded from www.dll-files.com) below.

IMPORTANT: rename the file to msvcr70.dll ! I simply used the extension bin because I didn't trust the ZIPper on my Mac and "dlls" are not allowed here.
Attached Files
File Type: bin msvcr70.bin (300.0 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by Clemenseken; 11-27-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #49
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mark,

I've tried updated Sudoku on 600/300, after fixing _Core check, it is playable on 600 (but not on 300, on 300 interface was shown but didn't respond to any button) but blocks touchscreen (?) when you exit it (remember, that exitIf is very picky and must be the last executed code in autorun app).
Old 11-30-2010, 02:30 AM   #50
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Kartu, thanks for reporting!
So <behave> is working with Sprites on the device too.

I have set
Code:
var prsModel = "PRS-600";	// to be set by system-function !! PRS-600 = touch-interface, all other original behavior
hard in code.
And check here for it
Code:
target.init = function () {
	if (prsModel == "PRS-600") {
		this.nonTouch.show(false);
		this.Touch.show(true);
		this.Touch.cNum.show(false);	
	} else {
		this.nonTouch.show(true);
		this.Touch.show(false);
..}
So prsModel should be set by/or replaced with a appropriate system function.
The 300 should then have the "old" 500/505 interface again.

I'am still working on a way to control the fsk-menu with events.
Quote:
but blocks touchscreen (?)
Thought this is only a problem with the Sim-Enviro!?
I figured out that the menu/menuBar remain in a Input-Loop eating up all events even after exitIf().

Temporary solution for the Sim - not posted yet, - is to break this loop by calling somthing like menuBar.endLoop(ev)
Will post the code in the evening.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 11-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #51
kartu
PRS+ author

Mark, code could check for model in:

Core.config.model

or:

System.applyEnvironment("[prspModel]")

It would be cleaner, however, to check for something like "hasTouchScreen". I'll add it to "compat", it will be defined and set to true only for models with touchscreen. So:

Core.config.compat.hasTouchScreen

PS
Just came to my mind, that "hasNumericButtons" is already there and could be used instead of "hasTouchScreen" with negation.

Long story short: Core.config.compat.hasNumericButtons is set to true on 505/300, and will be set to false on all touch devices.
I doubt we'd ever see reader with numeric buttons and a touchscreen.

Last edited by kartu; 11-30-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #52
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

enabling exit via fsk-menu

here is the promised code:
define
Code:
var newEvent;
newEvent = Core.system.compile("param", "return new Event(param)");
someplace and add this to target.ExitQuit
Code:
target.ExitQuit = function () {
	var ev, func, menuBar;
	ev = newEvent(2048);
	menuBar = this.findContent("MENUBAR"); // menuBar had to be defined as MENUBAR in XML!!
	// this.bubble("tracelog","findContent= "+menuBar);
	func = Core.system.getSoValue(menuBar,"endLoop");
	// this.bubble("tracelog","endLoop= "+func);
	func.call(menuBar,ev);	 
	kbook.autoRunRoot.exitIf(kbook.model); 
}
This will do the trick in the SIM, hop it's working on device too.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #53
kartu
PRS+ author

Mark, could you post entire package please.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:55 AM   #54
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

here you go...

Check for Core.config.compat.hasNumericButtons and menuBar.endLoop included
working in the Sim not checked with my PRS-505.

Will post modified Sim with Core.config.compat.hasNumericButtons and kbook.simEnviro flag, maybe with a menu-option to set hasNumericButtons within the next days.

Check for kbook.simEnvior is just one level deep and should not do any harm, if otherwise just delete the line for use with the real devices.

[Edit 2010-12-05]
Attachment removed, use latest code in post #32 or in the Sim-Package x.04 in Post #59
[\Edit]

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-06-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: corrected version posted in #32
Old 12-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #55
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

In a sleepless hour, I noticed, that Core is invicible to autorun JS-Code, so the code in post #54 must fail.

Will try to copy kartus solution for dictionary for the 300rd.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #56
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thumbs down Problem with my .js script

Hi there,

I am just starting to put together a game for the PRS-600 using the FSK Test from an earlier post in this thread. However, I am having trouble! I have tracked the error down to my .js script which simply won't load.

I think it is a formatting error, but I can't find anything obvious. I am not very familiar with JS.

I was wondering if you could take a quick look at it and see if anything jumps out!

Much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben.

EDIT: Found and fixed problem, so I removed attachment.

Last edited by BenChen; 12-06-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Fixed problem
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #57
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Ooops. I found an extra "}". Deleted, and now the scrip loads. Sorry for the unnecessary forum traffic.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #58
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Welcome BenChen!

Hop you enjoy programming for Sony PRS!

PS: Have you noticed the small "EDIT" Button in the right lower corner of all your Posts?
PPS: My deepest respect to all the original coders and those who write code direct for the device. What a effort without a syntax-checker.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-05-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #59
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Sim Enviro x.04

Attached version x.04 of the Sim-Enviro

Adds and Changes in the Sim
  • PRS+ Core-sources v2.0.3 are use
  • System-Menu allows to switch between a PRS-505 and a PRS-x50 skin
  • _Core.config.compat.hasNumericButtons is set accordingly
  • Buttons are enabled/disabled accordingly
  • Start-Skin depends on hasNumericButtons in _PRSPlus.js
  • to simulate code for real device don't use _Core calls in autorun.js, "export" functions in starter.js (kbook.autoRunRoot.sandbox.anything =...), include similar code without sandbox in eBookSimMain.xml <function id="setView" params="app">
Modifications to Addons:
Calc:
  • prepared for translation and App-Icon
  • button-sender to array-index is now independent of Sim/real device
  • gridCursor is only shown for PRS-505/300
Sudoko:
  • prepared for integration in PRS+2.0.x
  • use of exported Core-functions
  • new way of displaying gridCursor, a 4-rowed sprite skin is used
  • menuBar.endLoop is called befor exitIf()
DictioLauncher (dictionaryCL):
  • based on m-lands latest NON keyboard code
  • prepared for for integration in PRS+2.0.x
  • added extra input for special characters by holding numkey, functions are copied form 650th kbook.so

[EDIT 21.03.2011]
x.05 release with corrected "_PRSPlus.js" file attached,
should work with "text-help-FreeCell in Post #195"
[/EDIT]
[EDIT 26.03.2011]
Version x.04 and x.05 removed,
attached version x.06
latest code of all addons as per todate included.
includes surquizu awesome new 3D icon-set
new: skin with 600x1024 outputwindow to simulate PRS-950
new: bat-files to start the Sim-Enviro with the desired resolution
new: second page of Apps-Menu
Notes:
Dictionary: only UI is working, no search is done
TestApp: unstable exit
xDicto no way to exit the app, just close the sim
[/EDIT]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	62371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	62372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	62373  
Attached Files
File Type: rar FSK Test x.06.rar (2.91 MB, 332 views)

Last edited by Mark Nord; 03-26-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added Sim Enviro x.06
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #60
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Attached version x.04 of the Sim-Enviro

Adds and Changes in the Sim
  • PRS+ Core-sources v2.0.3 are use
  • System-Menu allows to switch between a PRS-505 and a PRS-x50 skin
  • _Core.config.compat.hasNumericButtons is set accordingly
  • Buttons are enabled/disabled accordingly
  • Start-Skin depends on hasNumericButtons in _PRSPlus.js
  • to simulate code for real device don't use _Core calls in autorun.js, "export" functions in starter.js (kbook.autoRunRoot.sandbox.anything =...), include similar code without sandbox in eBookSimMain.xml <function id="setView" params="app">
Modification to Addons:
Calc:
  • prepared for translation and App-Icon
  • button-sender to array-index is now independe of Sim/real device
  • gridCursor is only shown for PRS-505/300
Sudoko:
  • prepared for integration in PRS+2.0.x
  • use of exported Core-functions
  • menuBar.endLoop is called befor exitIf()
DictoLauncher (dictionaryCL):
  • based on m-lands latest NON keyboard code
  • prepared for for integration in PRS+2.0.x
  • added extra input for special characters by holding numkey, functions are copied form 650th kbook.so
Hi Mark, how can i enlarge the skins to view the bottom buttons? because i see from 1 to 0.

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote