Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Quick way to convert multipage html to ereader format

Ever want to read forum threads on your ereader? Here's a quick a dirty way that I do it on my PRS-505... I've done it even on 200 page, 8000 post monster threads.

What you need:
Firefox w/ autopager addon
PDF export: there are plugins, but I use PrimoPDF free and works well.
A PDF cropping tool, I use PDF XChanger Viewer Pro

Steps:
1. Go to thread in question and size your webbrowser so it's in "Portrait" layout... You don't want 1080 pixels of lateral text...
2. "Autopage" from pg 1- to the end of the thread... I middle click and set it to scroll on its own, then I do something else for a few mins.
3. Once you have the entire thread... Print to PDF with Primo, Adobe or other tool.
4. Crop the PDF to get rid of white space and other nonsense. See if a batch works for you.
5. Input the cropped PDF into PDF2LRF. Fin.

I lose zoom but find it perfectly readable...
Anyone else have a more elegant solution they'd like to share? Perhaps one that maintains zoom and the links within the html? That'd be great
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, html, multi page, multiple html, threads