Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Just for fun - home made case

I've been toying with the idea of making my own case for my Pocket Pro, and recently I ran across this web site. This is for the Kindle, but I was able to easily adapt it to fit the Pocket Pro. I still prefer the case that comes with it, but it was a fun project last night while I was home alone. I suppose I could have spent that time reading, but once the idea hit me to make a case, I just couldn't rest until it was done. *l* A word of warning... I am a beginner when it comes to sewing, so bear that in mind. Someone with more sewing experience would have a much better outcome. I imagine if a person knew what they were doing they could make a little window in the pocket so they could use the buttons without taking it out of the case, as well as make a little hole for the headphone jack. It would probably even be a good idea to sew a little elastic thingy (yeah, I'm real technical ) at the top to hold it in place a little better, especially if the bottom pocket was smaller to allow the use of the buttons. In any case, it will work well when I want to prop my Pocket Pro up on the table when I'm eating my soup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closed.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	50885   Click image for larger version

Name:	flat.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	50886   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	50887  
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
That idea would work so much better if there was some kind of auto turn or timed delay page turn feature. I am sure it could be implemented. I don't think yew can do smooth scrolling or line by line scrolling, but I don't see yew couldn't set the whole page to turn after X amoount of time. Then yew could read and enjoy some tea.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
That idea would work so much better if there was some kind of auto turn or timed delay page turn feature. I am sure it could be implemented. I don't think yew can do smooth scrolling or line by line scrolling, but I don't see yew couldn't set the whole page to turn after X amoount of time. Then yew could read and enjoy some tea.
Inserting the plug of the EarBuds (Or simply a new 3.5mm plug, without connections) allows "English speaking" to be started. It turns pages (IMHO way to slow )
This might not work with Davimee's purple case
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Nope, the headphone jack is not accessible in this case, although if a person knew what they were doing, they could make a hole for it. And I don't mind turning pages. It's just convenient as this is a better viewing angle than laying it flat on the table. When I was a kid my Mom always had to tell me no books at the table, because I'd read, and not pay any attention to anyone else. Now that I'm a Mom, I can eat my supper after the kids go to bed, and read at the table.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Eatting soup while reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I've been toying with the idea of making my own case for my Pocket Pro, and recently I ran across this web site. This is for the Kindle, but I was able to easily adapt it to fit the Pocket Pro. I still prefer the case that comes with it, but it was a fun project last night while I was home alone. I suppose I could have spent that time reading, but once the idea hit me to make a case, I just couldn't rest until it was done. *l* A word of warning... I am a beginner when it comes to sewing, so bear that in mind. Someone with more sewing experience would have a much better outcome. I imagine if a person knew what they were doing they could make a little window in the pocket so they could use the buttons without taking it out of the case, as well as make a little hole for the headphone jack. It would probably even be a good idea to sew a little elastic thingy (yeah, I'm real technical ) at the top to hold it in place a little better, especially if the bottom pocket was smaller to allow the use of the buttons. In any case, it will work well when I want to prop my Pocket Pro up on the table when I'm eating my soup.
Dear Davimee:

Actually, if you buy the $24.99 Stylz case (www.stylworld.com) it has a strap that makes an "A" out of the Pocket PRO. The only problem is you would have to put the device into horizontal (also known as "landscape" mode) and read that way. But it does work and the case is a beauty!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert