Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #16
fragile
Connoisseur
fragile began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
Annotation...

In terms of annotating text in pdf/ebooks, does the 302/602 allow for handwritten notes via a stylus. (IIRC it doesn't have a wacom screen, so I'm wondering if the only way to annotate is through an on-screen keyboard.)
fragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 PM   #17
valcho
Enthusiast
valcho is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile View Post
In terms of annotating text in pdf/ebooks, does the 302/602 allow for handwritten notes via a stylus. (IIRC it doesn't have a wacom screen, so I'm wondering if the only way to annotate is through an on-screen keyboard.)
302/602 still has stylus
valcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #18
bluejay
bluejay began at the beginning.

Device: Looking hard...
I'm looking at the BeBook Neo too as it is one of the only e-readers I researched that supports the Mobi format. Mobi seems to be the only format that has a decent desktop software (MobiPocket reader) to sync annotations to.

Can any BeBook Neo owner comment on what kind of options there are to sync annotations for the BeBook Neo?
bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #19
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay View Post
I'm looking at the BeBook Neo too as it is one of the only e-readers I researched that supports the Mobi format. Mobi seems to be the only format that has a decent desktop software (MobiPocket reader) to sync annotations to.

Can any BeBook Neo owner comment on what kind of options there are to sync annotations for the BeBook Neo?
when will bebook neo drop in price?v
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
tuufbiz1
tuufbiz1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I purchased both the bebook neo and the pocketbook 302 and decided to return the neo.
Visually the neo has a better screen (very similar to the kindle) but having to use a stylus is inconvenient. The pocketbook has a crystal clear display but somewhat of a glare problem. Both have easy navigation but I find the pocketbook to be better since you can easily utilize the touchscreen without the stylus and you can customize all the hard buttons (except for center circular button). For annotation its a toss up. The neo is better for underlining since the stylus provides pinpoint accuracy but if you want to type a note the stylus is a hindrance. The pocketbook underlining feature doesn't function consistantly yet typing a note with your thumbs is easy. The neo only provides the annotation feature with .pdf documents. If you have your books in multiple formats I found the pocketbook to be the best. The neo sometimes did not open formats that it was supposed to??? In summary: the neo feels the most solid and the screen is visually better. It closely resembles the kindle but with a better 5 way center button. The pocketbook screen is clear but need to tilt it to eliminate the glare (usually no problem at all) and very customizable with very easy navigation since can touch the screen with your finger.
tuufbiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #21
tuufbiz1

The neo is not for you since the annotation feature is only for .pdf documents
Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #22
tuufbiz1

I've tried forever to find an ereader that would sync my mobipocket annotations and so far my HTC HD2 phone does it best. In other words, any device with a big enough screen that you want that has windows mobile OS. Most of the dedicated ereaders use FBreader to open .mobi or .prc content. You cant annotate with it.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
The PRS900 is not bad at all for PDFs. I read most fine in landscape. For some, I change font size (the downside of changing font size is that you can only see the handwritten notes when displaying the document in that particular font size). Zoom is not persistent, but I never use it. Margin crop works in some cases, in others it doesn't seem to make a difference - not sure why.

Yet, overall, I am finding it a pretty good experience for PDFs.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote