Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
smileyman
smileyman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tags and Sorting?

Are there any e-readers which allow you to organize and sort your books by more than just Author/Title/Most Recent? I'm thinking of something that will allow me to organize my ebooks by subject matter or genre and let me browse that way.

I have a Kindle 2 right now (and am very happy with it), and that's my biggest complaint about the sorting system. I played around with Sony PSR-900 and while it was very nice it didn't seem to have that functionality (though I really liked the ability to see the books as a thumbnail for the cover art).

Does anyone know if the Entourage will have that capabilty or if the Nook does?
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can do this with any of the Sony devices using "Collections". Collections are precisely what you're requesting - tags. The same book can be a part of multiple collections.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
smileyman
smileyman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can do this with any of the Sony devices using "Collections". Collections are precisely what you're requesting - tags. The same book can be a part of multiple collections.
A follow up question--can you have a book be in more than one collection at a time with the Sony readers?
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Did I not say that in the last sentence that you've quoted above?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 2, organizing, sony psr-900, sorting