Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
youssef
youssef began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
pdf problem

I've a pdf , its 3 pages, total size 1.2M but takes 5 minutes to load each page !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3ein-tah-zah.pdf (1.23 MB, 283 views)
youssef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
jammie*dodger
jammie*dodger began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
There's soemthing weird about your pdf. I have a 311 page one that is just over 2Mb. 1.2Mb for a 3 page document suggests it's the pdf at fault not the reader.
jammie*dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
It's got lots of color (which is lost on an ebook reader) and several embedded fonts (of they type I think of as "exotic" 'cos I'm from the USA and if it isn't done with the roman alphabet, it's an "exotic" font). There's something like Arabic involved, and that can slow down the reader.

It's a very complex layout for PDFs, and it's not surprising it takes a while to render. I've added tags, changed the metadata, and tried some optimization settings; I'm not sure if those changes will do anything helpful, but you can try it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3ein-tah-zah-tagged.pdf (1.04 MB, 295 views)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
youssef
youssef began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
It's got lots of color (which is lost on an ebook reader) and several embedded fonts (of they type I think of as "exotic" 'cos I'm from the USA and if it isn't done with the roman alphabet, it's an "exotic" font). There's something like Arabic involved, and that can slow down the reader.

It's a very complex layout for PDFs, and it's not surprising it takes a while to render. I've added tags, changed the metadata, and tried some optimization settings; I'm not sure if those changes will do anything helpful, but you can try it.
yes, it is an arabic document, but I've other arabic documents that loads in 1 or 2 seconds, these docs don't have images,
but I was just wondering why the existence of colored images will slow it that much, 5 minutes to load a page with images is too too much,
I tried using pdf995 printer to create another copy of this pdf but it didn't make a difference, I can't convert it to html or epub since Jetbook lite doesn't support non english except pdfs
youssef is offline   Reply With Quote