Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Unhappy e-ink problem

I have a strange "blemish" that has just recently appeared on my nook. It is a small irregular spot about the size of the head on a pin. It is a lighter shade of gray than the standard text. It is about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the e-ink display and about 1/3 of a screen from the right edge.

I have tried re-booting, removing the battery, re-rooting, displaying a variety of graphics, but it does not go away. Even when the nook is off and has no battery, this spot displays.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any other ideas?

John
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
sounds like a pressure point spot. For example if you press too hard on a screen a smudge like spot will appear.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
It sounds like you may have had some damage to your screen. My old Sony had the same e-ink screen and it was damaged by my keys while in my bag. I had it for years and the spot was never a problem, never got bigger or impacted the functionality of the device in any way.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote