Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #136
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
Did my update to 2.3, transferred several pdf's via USB, but they don't show up on the unit (other than when viewing the folder via USB cable).
Did you place the PDFs in the "documents" folder?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #137
exreader
exanimate ex post facto
exreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Did my update to 2.3, transferred several pdf's via USB, but they don't show up on the unit (other than when viewing the folder via USB cable).
just a guess: did you put those files (or any other .prc for instance) into the top level documents directory? anywhere else won't work.

ex
exreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #138
zoom6zoom
zoom6zoom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yes, they are in the same folder with all my other books.
zoom6zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #139
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Yes, they are in the same folder with all my other books.
Then you should check to see that your Kindle is set to show all content. You can find instructions on how to change the sort order of your Kindle home page here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #140
zoom6zoom
zoom6zoom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yup, that was it.... many thanks! My new pdfs were listed under Personal Docs.
zoom6zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #141
Adamastorx
Connoisseur
Adamastorx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Slower since the update?

Is just me or since the firmware update the Kindle takes a little more time to get out of the sleep mode?
Adamastorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #142
bdols
bdols began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Hi,

I've found the Kindle2 doesn't open all PDFs. I get "some embedded features are not supported in this PDF" or something like that. Haven't figured out what the commonality between the ones that I can't open are.

Also, Amazon's PDF conversion munges the formatting alot. I have computer programming books and the code samples just don't format well. I'm hoping that this will improve, it's just software on their side, after all.
bdols is offline   Reply With Quote