Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
diabolic012
diabolic012 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Comics

How to read comics in cbr format ? Is it possible ?
diabolic012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolic012 View Post
How to read comics in cbr format ? Is it possible ?
In one word, no. I don't think e-ink reader exists that can read that format... yet.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
Smetad Anarkist
Smetad Anarkist began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
If you can print the cbr-files, you could use CutePDF to print it to a pdf och read it that way. I read my comics as pdf on my cybook.

http://www.cutepdf.com/
Smetad Anarkist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Calibre should be able to convert comics in CBR/CBZ into any of its supported target formats.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Or you can rename them to RAR/ZIP and extract the jpg files out of them. Cybook can display jpg file one by one.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #6
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Comics on cybook sucks big time, no color, slow panning. A capacitive touchscreen device is a way to go. For Android I recommend Android Comic Viewer.

Last edited by Abelturd; 11-21-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #7
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I use calibre to convert Cbr / cbz files to lrf, and they are a pleasure to read on my Sony PRS-505. I don't know what file type would work best with your bebook, perhaps epub?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Comics on cybook sucks big time, no color, slow panning. A capacitive touchscreen device is a way to go. For Android I recommend Android Comic Viewer.
I think this depends hugely on what you want to read. If you want to read color-rich comics in A4 format, yes, it sucks. But for smaller prints in b/w, which I heard is predominant i.e. with mangas, I don't see the big deal- you'd get almost the original page size.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:07 AM   #9
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I think this depends hugely on what you want to read. If you want to read color-rich comics in A4 format, yes, it sucks. But for smaller prints in b/w, which I heard is predominant i.e. with mangas, I don't see the big deal- you'd get almost the original page size.
'-'d after a little conversion it nearly is perfect...a volume is 100% the same dimensions as the cybook...so it's about 85% smaller...which is not bad

What the OP may want to try is renaming/extracting the archives, and possibly try MANGLE - it's the easiest way to rename and read them...
If not mangle then Calibre, but I had not too stunning results with it compared to my own conversion in Photoshop...

If you want to go further and clear up a little bit of space (view wise) on the cybook...you'll then want to put the images into a PDF..in photoshop
This also acts as a bookmark system too, as when you leave the PDF it saves the page you were on...

Select PDF Presentation...highlight all the files (average of 200 for me) save it, with no reduction, jpeg and medium high, and you're all set with a nice PDF about 30 MB
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote