Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #61
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Wow, I guess I've started a small business.

@pilotbob - no I don't do exteriors... sorry

@desertgrandma - I'd rather drive than take the bus so add roundtrip gas fill-ups to my fee. Also I'm sure mean a quart of non-fat lactose free milk because you'll be buying ALL of the paint.

@Lady Blue - I'll take your flight if you change it to Jet Blue (which you should like anyway). See the reply to desertgramdma about the milk and paint

@ALL - I don't do trim.

Thank you for your business!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #62
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Jet Blue works for me.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Wow, I guess I've started a small business.

@pilotbob - no I don't do exteriors... sorry

@desertgrandma - I'd rather drive than take the bus so add roundtrip gas fill-ups to my fee. Also I'm sure mean a quart of non-fat lactose free milk because you'll be buying ALL of the paint.

@Lady Blue - I'll take your flight if you change it to Jet Blue (which you should like anyway). See the reply to desertgramdma about the milk and paint

@ALL - I don't do trim.

Thank you for your business!
my whole appartment needs repainting, if i throw in a dustmask and some antihistamines for the cat allergy will you work in paris ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #64
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
my whole appartment needs repainting, if i throw in a dustmask and some antihistamines for the cat allergy will you work in paris ?

I don't have cats, so she can paint for me without drugs . . .

daffy, you're duckness is much in demand.

Maybe you should go on tour.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #65
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Like the colour of the walls. I always have really boring colours.
Quote:
Thank you! I hate white walls and love rich warm colors. My living room is sort of burnt orange and terracotta, my bedroom is a plummy purple. Only my kitchen and bathrooms have more sedate but not white walls.

I'd be happy to paint your walls some rich colors if you pay for my flight, lodging and supplies.
Hmm, our living room is done, but the hallway, stairs, back part of the house, kitchen, bedroom and lounge must still be painted. Oh, and once the bedroom is done, that last downstairs room too...

I don't like white either. That's why all our walls are off-white. A coloured wall won't fit, but all our frames (door and window) are strongly coloured (brown in the livingroom, red in my room, blue in the spare bedroom, green in the third downstairs room, yellow in the backhouse, and not sure about the bedroom and kitchen yet). The colour of the livingroom is white with a touch of red. Which looks awesome with the setting sun
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #66
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
If you will pay airfare for me to Paris and give me a place to flop I will come and paint your apartment for free!!!

I'll even pay for my own passport.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #67
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you will pay airfare for me to Paris and give me a place to flop I will come and paint your apartment for free!!!

I'll even pay for my own passport.

BOb
Hey! No horning in on my business.

I'm going to have to get some "people" to handle the demand for my services. One of them will get back to you all with my contract demands (don't forget to remove all of the yellow M&M's or there will be heck to pay).
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hey! No horning in on my business.
Think of it as a "franchise".... you get a percentage of everyone's pay... how about 10% of my free billing?

BOb
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #69
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Think of it as a "franchise".... you get a percentage of everyone's pay... how about 10% of my free billing?

BOb
Not good enough. I want 70% of your free billing and *you* do not get to go to Paris!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #70
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not good enough. I want 70% of your free billing and *you* do not get to go to Paris!
Oh, so you think you are going to control my bookings too. Forget it, I will go rouge and not give you your frachise fee. You'll have to sue me for it.

BOb
Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #71
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I'm on my way but loan the cats to a friend for a few days okay?

BTW, if you see a little penguin with a top hat and paint brush, don't let him in. He's too short to paint up high and can't even fly.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #72
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm on my way but loan the cats to a friend for a few days okay?

BTW, if you see a little penguin with a top hat and paint brush, don't let him in. He's too short to paint up high and can't even fly.
Oh sure the claws come out. I thought we were going to not use negative campainging.

BOb

(BTW: I can jump very high and also climb ladders.)
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #73
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Oh sure the claws come out. I thought we were going to not use negative campainging.

BOb

(BTW: I can jump very high and also climb ladders.)
I'm sorry but I seems to recall just a few posts ago, a certain Penguin was requesting my services because he wasn't up to it. Now said Penguin (if that really is his species) thinks that if he goes to Paris, he will miraculously have painting talent. What weird polluted fish has he been eating!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #74
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm sorry but I seems to recall just a few posts ago, a certain Penguin was requesting my services because he wasn't up to it. Now said Penguin (if that really is his species) thinks that if he goes to Paris, he will miraculously have painting talent. What weird polluted fish has he been eating!
There is a difference between knowing how to paint and or ability to paint and enjoying it. I can do it, and have. I am also an excellent wall paperer (is that a word?). I would be willing to paint for airfare to Paris. Would I do a good job... YES. Would I enjoy it, NO.

BOb
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #75
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
There is a difference between knowing how to paint and or ability to paint and enjoying it. I can do it, and have. I am also an excellent wall paperer (is that a word?). I would be willing to paint for airfare to Paris. Would I do a good job... YES. Would I enjoy it, NO.

BOb
Well I don't enjoy it either. I was just going to do it for the free airfare and free milk & peanut butter.

Since neither one of us enjoys it, you can have ALL of the jobs (even Paris). I'd rather *you* not enjoy it than me. I'll just go back to reading my Kindle.