Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
UK Firmware Versions?

I've been looking at the PRS customiser thread and may be interested in giving that a go. However, there's a lot of talk about maybe having to re-update the Firmware from Sony sometimes. The only Firmware I can find via Sony appears to be US only and is version 1.1.00.18040; my PRS-505 has version 1.2.00.18050 which looks more recent to me?

Are there different versions for the UK market? If so, where are they?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Sony's only released the one standalone flasher, which reflashes to the US 1.1 firmware, although if you have a copy of the UK firmware, you can use the (custom) flasher to then overwrite the US firmware with the UK firmware. As for sourcing the UK firmware, I think that just doing a backup of your current firmware first should work.

Having said that, most people haven't had issues with the PRSCustomiser & find it just works, so while I'd suggest you do backup first, I'd not expect you to need it.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The only difference between the US and UK firmware is the format used to display dates. The US "1.1.x" and the UK "1.2.x" are identical other than that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote