Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 02:41 AM   #46
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
So my main concern is still there : selecting text (to look in the dictionnary for exemple) is still non accurate by large (you put your finger on a word and it's an other one 3 or 4 word after/before that is selected, furthermore if the word you want to look for is near the side). The fact that I'm reading with a very small police size is perhaps the explanation. I'm still able to go in the dictionnary to look for the word even if I can't select it, but it's a pity.
Despite this drawback, I'm happy with my Aura One. Hope it will improve with the next firmware. As said above : I'm able to read comfortably with it and that's it.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #47
Circle
Circle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
My Aura One rocks! I have to say this is the most pleased I have ever been about an e-reader - ever. Despite the teething issues reported widely by many users (particularly the horrible third-party customer service company they use), this is the e-reader I've been waiting for since the beginning: large screen, great UI, a good bookstore and excellent typography handling. I far prefer it to my Kindle and has actually got me to stop purchasing paper books. Great product, and I'm sure they'll continue to improve the platform, and iron out the kinks.
Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #48
Telemachus
Connoisseur
Telemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
I hesitated for weeks before buying my KA1 but I'm glad I did, it's beautifully made. I can imagine in years to come when we're all using colour ereaders with flexible two page screens, people will look back and say "yeah remember the Aura One, that was a classic ereader, they don't make 'em like that anymore"
That's how I feel about my old Ekco AM radios...timeless classics!
Telemachus is offline   Reply With Quote