Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
Post Kindle Store Fantasy Scorecard

Attached is a PDF containing all World Fantasy award winners. Each book that can be found in the Kindle Store has the store link provided. The score is the average of the number of books that can be purchased through the Kindle storefront (ie: If all books were found, the score would be 100%).

I'll update this periodically. Note the new quick-links to check if a missing book has become available.

Score as of 2/09/2008: 30%

-d
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FantasyScoreCard.pdf (139.7 KB, 439 views)

Last edited by dugbug; 03-09-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Improved spreadsheet
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

The "Tooth and Claw" available for the Kindle is a Star Trek book, not the Walton novel.

Too bad... I was going to by it and read it!
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
The "Tooth and Claw" available for the Kindle is a Star Trek book, not the Walton novel.

Too bad... I was going to by it and read it!

oh my bad! Ill fix that tomorrow, sorry.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Taking a quick look, seems that Sony might have the same list of eBooks for the 500/505. To be 100% sure, I'd have to search for each eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
dugbug
Addict

Improved spreadsheet with links to check store for missing books.

-d
Advert
Old 03-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Taking a quick look, seems that Sony might have the same list of eBooks for the 500/505. To be 100% sure, I'd have to search for each eBook.
I didn't look to see if Sony has the ones from this year but Sony does have a convenient listing of titles that are award winners and nominees that they sell, including the World Fantasy awards from this and previous years.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
dugbug
Addict

vivaldirules,

Wow nice sony store feature! The selection is dreadful by comparison however. Only a handful of hugo and nebula winners, etc.

I may add nominated books to the list.

-d
Old 03-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post
vivaldirules,

Wow nice sony store feature! The selection is dreadful by comparison however. Only a handful of hugo and nebula winners, etc.

I may add nominated books to the list.

-d
I like the awards lists, too. I find I'm always looking for good things to read (not that I don't have hundreds of books that I have yet to read) and the awards lists are a good place to browse. You're right about the missing titles. Sony (and Amazon, too) need to get on the stick and make them all for sale now.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
dugbug
Addict

Amen to that. Even the kindle with ~200% more award winners is only at something like 30%. Pretty sad for ebook fans, regardless of device.

Great feature though. Man I wish amazon had that list setup. Would have saved me a lot of time

-d
Old 03-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post
Amen to that. Even the kindle with ~200% more award winners is only at something like 30%. Pretty sad for ebook fans, regardless of device.

Great feature though. Man I wish amazon had that list setup. Would have saved me a lot of time

-d
Dugbug, if you want all winners and nominees in all categories for all years for the World Fantasy Awards you can see them here. I'm sure there are other sites that have similar listings for other awards.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
dugbug
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Dugbug, if you want all winners and nominees in all categories for all years for the World Fantasy Awards you can see them here. I'm sure there are other sites that have similar listings for other awards.
No, I was refering to the feature of the store. The kindle store does not provide that kind of search.

-d