Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Just run it in a command prompt like this:
Code:
fontshrinker -e <epubname>
If it does not run, can you please sent me the ePUB so I can run it through the debugger to see what goes wrong?
I've just started fontshrinker from the command line. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll give it an hour at most. If it doesn't run, I'll PM you the ePub in question.

How long does it normally take to process an ePub?

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-02-2014 at 12:30 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #62
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
A few seconds.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A few seconds.
Then something is not working correctly here as the process takes about 50% processor and just sits there not ever finishing.

I forgot to mention, that I a using Windows 7 where it's failing. I'll give Windows 8.1 a try.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-02-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Windows 8.1 same results as with Windows 7. Windows 7 is 32-bit and Windows 8.1 is 64-bit.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #65
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It has nothing to do with the OS, but with some other issues. You used a special character in the text that caused an infinite loop (below char<32). I also fixed some other things like handling an opf file that is not called 'content.opf' or using a different directory structure. Sorry, I am a Sigil guy...

Update in the start post.
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the OS, but with some other issues. You used a special character in the text that caused an infinite loop (below char<32). I also fixed some other things like handling an opf file that is not called 'content.opf' or using a different directory structure. Sorry, I am a Sigil guy...

Update in the start post.
And I'm a break it guy as I also broke Sigil too with that same ePub (bug report is in the Sigil 0.8.0 thread). The structure is exactly how it came from the publisher. All the filenames are as they came from the publisher. The only difference is that I added the smallcap fonts so I can have true smallcaps. Well, I did replace the Charis SIL that came with it to my version that looks better. But that special character came from the publisher.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #67
Toxaris
Wizard

Will check the smallcaps tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Will check the smallcaps tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #69
Toxaris
Wizard

Smallcaps fixed. For the people that already downloaded version 2.1, please remove and install the new version from the start post.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #70
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
.Net going OSS

Just curious: will this have any benefits for your project (e.g. with regards to availability on different operating systems?) http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2014/Nov-12.html
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #71
Toxaris
Wizard

I read the same report and I think it will. I am currently beta testing a new improved version and it is my aim also to test it on mono.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #72
Toxaris
Wizard

I have tested the beta with Mono and it seems to work. I also tested a new tool (soon...) that also works with Mono. There will be an overlap between this program and the new tool.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #73
Toxaris
Wizard

Released version 2.5. This is a major overhaul and takes full account of used styles and heredity. Text files or even ePUB's can be dropped on the text area to be processed easier. For ePUB's all fonts used in the ePUB will be subsetted.

The program can run on Linux via Mono. OSX probably as well, but I cannot test that.

Last edited by Toxaris; 11-29-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #74
Toxaris
Wizard

New version yet again. Some small GUI change and added an option. This option actually controls the way the subsetting will be done. If the checkbox is checked, the glyphs to be retained are calculated based on the complete font-family instead of just for that font. This can cause that more glyphs are retained, but will ensure that a font that is improper used will be deleted.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #75
Toxaris
Wizard

New version, mainly bugfixes and speed improvements.