Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sending one book at a time?

When I try to email a book from Calibre to my Kindle, I can only send one book at a time. The program makes me quit and restart each time I want to send a new book. Is there a way I can send multiple books to my device at a time?
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
When I try to email a book from Calibre to my Kindle, I can only send one book at a time. The program makes me quit and restart each time I want to send a new book. Is there a way I can send multiple books to my device at a time?
something is wrong with your Kindle (filesystem).
What model?
The K4NT lets me send as many as will fit, all in one send.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Keyboard with latest 3.3 update. I am sending it to my Kindle.com address and it only does one book at a time.
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
Kindle Keyboard with latest 3.3 update. I am sending it to my Kindle.com address and it only does one book at a time.
Oh! I use the USB cable.
Fast

That should still work, a restart should NOT be needed.
There IS a programmed delay on send to prevent anti-Spamming filters kicking in.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a delay between email sends to prevent your email account being closed as a spammer. You can adjust that delay via Preferences->Tweaks but be aware that you risk your account being closed with a smaller delay.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Preferences->Tweaks ->The number of seconds to wait before sending emails

public_smtp_relay_delay = 20

Last edited by lrui; 09-30-2012 at 12:01 AM.
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote