Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The Amazing iOS 6 Maps

Here's a cool Tumblr blog about Apple's new mapping service with plenty of pics.

Gothenburg has vanished from the planet, Berlin is now in Antarctica, and some alien force has flattened a huge section of London.

The Amazing iOS 6 Maps
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The London Underground is doing its part during this crisis

Spoiler:
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
What a disaster apple has done of this "jewel" of iOS6.

I believe this applies to Apple:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test_production.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	92707  
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The London Underground is doing its part during this crisis

Spoiler:
That is absolutely hilarious!
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I'm reading through the blog now, and found this example:

For once, Apple seems to be more up-to-date than google*.

*) I say "seem to be" because I haven't been able to reproduce that result myself. I could easily be photoshopped
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Norway1456 that was done by an elderly parishioner because she was upset how it had deteriated. more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921

as a follow up she is now wanting royalties because people are flocking to see it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19674622
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Yes, it has been on the news here in Norway as well. What I ment was that it looks like, for once, the search results in apple maps is more updated than the results from google maps. After all, the "restored" version in apples search is newer than the results from google.

What I ment with photoshopping was that the images could be inserted in the screenshot with photoshop. It sounds a bit strange that a map service should display paintings, but why not? Other tourist attractions are displayed in the map service. I still run iOS 3.2 i tink, so I cannot verify that the search results are actually genuine.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
*) I say "seem to be" because I haven't been able to reproduce that result myself. I could easily be photoshopped
This is photoshopped and it's done from Spain, I can say for certain
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Here's a cool Tumblr blog about Apple's new mapping service with plenty of pics.

Gothenburg has vanished from the planet, Berlin is now in Antarctica, and some alien force has flattened a huge section of London.

The Amazing iOS 6 Maps

Funny! It should be The Funny Shocking iOS 6 Maps!
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
Yes, it has been on the news here in Norway as well. What I ment was that it looks like, for once, the search results in apple maps is more updated than the results from google maps. After all, the "restored" version in apples search is newer than the results from google.

What I ment with photoshopping was that the images could be inserted in the screenshot with photoshop. It sounds a bit strange that a map service should display paintings, but why not? Other tourist attractions are displayed in the map service. I still run iOS 3.2 i tink, so I cannot verify that the search results are actually genuine.
Ahh i see what you mean.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

If Steve were still here, he'd say you're holding it wrong
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Apparently Mr. Magoo is the designer for the new iOS 6 maps!

What happened Apple? usually when you steal an idea from another company you make it at least look better!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #14
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
They actually make it worst!
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can still use Google Maps from the web browser if you prefer it. Just add it as a "web app" to your homepage.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote