Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #91
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Yeah, those were the most visible changes on an LCD screen, but apparently there's also more kerning pairs, and they do appear slightly darker/bolder (*very* slightly) on the Kindle. That may be more related to some FreeType changes than the font changes, though .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #92
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm yeah 339 I believe you said

(never tell me your pin number)

hehehe
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #93
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@twobob: That was Doitsu, actually .
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #94
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Wow, you remember those? .

I couldn't even find the post again when it came up (again) with 3.4... .
Perhaps it can be found in this 4-page list:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ase...&fid[]=150

EDIT: Or this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ase...&fid[]=140

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-20-2012 at 01:22 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@geekmaster: Ha! GM to the rescue! I always forget the attachment listing, but they can be ever so helfpful .

Gotcha!.
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #96
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@geekmaster: Ha! GM to the rescue! I always forget the attachment listing, but they can be ever so helfpful .

Gotcha!.
I restricted my list to the Dev Corner forum, but I see you got the idea to expand into the parent forum.

EDIT: I added the "forum 140" search to the above post, in case anybody wants to see how to do this for other stuff.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-20-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #97
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah yeah! nice work that man!!

@Niluje (heh. guess that's why I never made it as a master criminal, all the right PIN's all the wrong cards )
Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #98
geekmaster

I have become somewhat proficient at finding stuff on the interwebs when I get the urge. A timely xkcd (or other humor) post that summarizes the current topic is where a lot of my triple megakarma came from. Sadly, not for my technical contributions. Maybe I should quit development and become a comedian.

EDIT: I just got a big hunk of karma for this new "technical information" post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=223071

So perhaps I don't need to be a comedian after all. I did get a lot of "bacon" karma though...

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #99
twobob

actually... most of the devs on here have far lower Karma than the average long term member. Just saying

That is simply another manifestation of the same phenomenon I see in the music industry.
Quick to take, slow to give. People aren't nice, work is not given just rewards.

Fact of life
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #100
geekmaster

A significant amount of the karma that the devs in here have was given by me after I was able to give big chunks myself. They just don't post enough "funny" stuff in the parent forum like I have done to get my karma.

The "huge karma" trafficking goes on in the parent forum (and "unutterable silliness" type forums), mostly. Not in this nerdish esoteric ephemera (Dev Corner) forum. We are just poor "starving artists" in here, where all the "good stuff" gets created. I am just acting as a gateway, transforming "funny" karma into "achievement" karma.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-20-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #101
twobob

aye. true that. suppose I should go put on a funny hat and dance for my supper...

Ah no. that was last decade
(It's 2012 now right?)

EDIT: I still have the hat I no longer dance...

Extra Edit: "karma" is just numbers, real karma has no measure

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #102
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
aye. true that. suppose I should go put on a funny hat and dance for my supper...

Ah no. that was last decade
(It's 2012 now right?)

EDIT: I still have the hat I no longer dance...

Extra Edit: "karma" is just numbers, real karma has no measure
I'm so sorry, my karma just ran over your dogma!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #103
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Issues with firmware 3.4 and USBNetwork Hack 0.43N

I just performed a fresh install of firmware 3.4 and even though I had no trouble installing it, I am now stuck on the Software Update screen upon trying to install USBNetwork Hack 0.43N (latest one out). Now I am stuck deciding on doing nothing for as long as possible or hard resetting and trying again. Although, I've never had a frozen error such as this, so I'm worried it'll screw up other things (the writing on the screen say not to turn off).

When initially installing Kindle 3.4 on my Kindle 3G US I originally tried just installing on top of all of my customizations and installed hacks, which included the USBNetwork Hack 0.43N, and the latest Jailbreak, 0.11, and while both hacks installed fine, the firmware update did not. As such, I uninstalled all my hacks and customizations and factory reset my Kindle before updating the firmware. After doing this, the firmware installed without issues, along with the JB Hack, the Font Hack, and several other ones. However, now on this one, it just won't work.

Can anybody help? Is it ok to just hard reset? Will it even work? I've had unsuccessful updates of stuff before using this method, but never a frozen one. It makes me wonder if the already-installed USBNetwork Hack 0.43N was the cause of why firmware 3.4 didn't work before when trying to update/install it over all my customizations and hacks.

Read below...I think this fixed itself via hard resetting and trying again.

Last edited by inameiname; 10-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #104
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Double posting?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #105
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
My problem actually just fixed....hopefully. I took the gamble at hard resetting even though it said not to and then it restarted, and I reinstalled, and it worked just fine. I'm clueless as to why it worked here but not the first time. I did use the 'uninstall.bin' first and then the 'install.bin', just in case anything was left when first trying the 'install.bin', so maybe that helped. Anyway, sorry again for the double post, as well as wasting the time of all who read since the problem solved itself of sorts. Although, maybe if it happens to others this will show it might be a bug and fixable via retrying.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.4, kindle 3, ota, updates