Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #451
Frescard
Enthusiast
Frescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Modified Reader: Style definitions for links

Another question for Morkl:
It seems that the reader (even the original one) is somehow overwriting any styles that are defined for links (see this previous discussion).
I also tried every possible CSS syntax I could think of, but was not able to get rid of the gray background.

Any chance this could somehow be fixed by the modified reader (either via an XML entry, or by disabling the forced background, so that external style definitions will work)?

Either way—lots of thanks for your work on the reader! It brought my T1 a big step closer to being perfect!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #452
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongurt View Post
Okay, so now I got it all going! After reading a lot on the forums!

But still there is something not working for me...
I installed Morkls modified reader app through APK install. Mainly because I wanted partial page refresh. But it would not work install is successful, but the app does not change its behavior

I put the "reader" folder in /mnt/sdcard
So it looks like /mnt/sdcard/reader/

Have I forgotten something? Partial Page refresh just would not work.
I tried reinstalling and reinstalling the APK... but that didn't do the trick
Do you see the clock when you are running the June Modified Reader app?
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #453
Frescard
Enthusiast
Frescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongurt View Post
I installed Morkls modified reader app through APK install. Mainly because I wanted partial page refresh. But it would not work
Did you adjust the reader.xml file to the desired refresh frequency?
By default it's set to 1, so unless you change it, there won't really be anything visible.

The reader.xml file is in the \reader folder (it's a regular text file), and the line for the refresh should look like this:
Code:
<reader pagesPerRefresh="5">
(More details here.)
Old 09-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #454
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Maybe just a stupid question (but hey, then I only get stupid answers ) Do I need the june version to put on an sd card or can it be installed in the reader part ? Especially the partially refresh is one of the things why I would install this !
Old 09-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #455
Frescard
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Maybe just a stupid question (but hey, then I only get stupid answers ) Do I need the june version to put on an sd card or can it be installed in the reader part ? Especially the partially refresh is one of the things why I would install this !
It can go right on the reader.
Just hook it up to the PC in data transfer mode, and then follow the steps described here.
If you're suspicious of batch files, and would rather to it by hand, there are instructions for that in this post.
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #456
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frescard View Post
It can go right on the reader.
Just hook it up to the PC in data transfer mode, and then follow the steps described here.
If you're suspicious of batch files, and would rather to it by hand, there are instructions for that in this post.
I found the wiki, i don't understand much about the font things but i owned a prs-t2 for 2 weeks and there are so many bugs in it that I desided to stay on the prs-t1, for me the clock and the refresh count.
Putting of the refresh,was the only thing that added more juice to the T2.
If it all not works, is there a way to un-install it ( it's a not rooted device. )
Old 09-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #457
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
I found the wiki, i don't understand much about the font things but i owned a prs-t2 for 2 weeks and there are so many bugs in it that I desided to stay on the prs-t1, for me the clock and the refresh count.
Putting of the refresh,was the only thing that added more juice to the T2.
If it all not works, is there a way to un-install it ( it's a not rooted device. )
Another strange thing, I forgot the seconds, and I removed the S, flashing a second time, but the seconds will not dissapear.
For some reason it will not override with new configuration.
And there are some leftovers on the reader drive in the root.
PRS-T1 Updater.package
script.log
Can I remove them,delete them,or must the file be present in order to show the clock..
The format of the clock isn't right to, in 24 hour setting, at 1 pm ( 13.00) it say's 01:00 no pm or anything,looks not good.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 09-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #458
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Another strange thing, I forgot the seconds, and I removed the S, flashing a second time, but the seconds will not dissapear. For some reason it will not override with new configuration.
No need to flash a second time. All that should be necessary is to edit the reader\reader.xml file in a text editor and change the clock line to
Code:
<informationBar left="none" right="clock_hm" />
Quote:
And there are some leftovers on the reader drive in the root.
PRS-T1 Updater.package
script.log
Can I remove them,delete them,or must the file be present in order to show the clock..
You can delete them.

Quote:
The format of the clock isn't right to, in 24 hour setting, at 1 pm ( 13.00) it say's 01:00 no pm or anything,looks not good.
That's just the way it is... unless Morkl decides to change it.

Quote:
I wrote some instructions a while ago, but hopefully you won't need to un-install.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #459
Nick_1964
Bookworm

I think there is a mess...
On my READER drive there is an extra directory with updates\system\app where a ebookreader.apk appears.
There is a clock, but the file or directory reader\reader.xml is nowhere to be found.
Reflashing makes no different, it seems that the clock settings, once written, can't be changed anymore.
Or I didn't understand it.
Uninstall seems to whipe the whole settings,maybe books, so that will not an option.
I am stuck here.

Ignore All This above ^
The directory \reader isn't copy'd by the install, it had to be manually copy'd
So I copy'd it myself and I have now all a,b,c fonts, so I have to copy them back in their original name.

The only think I hope is that Morkl fixes the 24 hours clock.
I have a lot to learn.
Thanks for your Time.
Only don't know exactly what the updates\system\app\ebookreader.apk does, If i remove it, the clock still stays,but for now, I figured it out, hope Morkl fixes the 24 ours clock, and I am happy..

Last edited by Nick_1964; 09-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #460
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Only don't know exactly what the updates\system\app\ebookreader.apk does
Deleting this updates directory is the correct thing to do. It was just part of the original flashing procedure, like script.log.

Glad everything is now working for you.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #461
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Can't give Karma for the second time but sometimes it is hard to follow when your native language isn't English and you only had one year english lessons.
Just hope for the 24 hour clock, untill now I see only homescreens that try to imitate the 650 so Sony didn't made such a good move with the prs-T1 and there are so many errors in the T2 that I send it back, When browsing on the internet, the flicker and constant rebuilding makes me nuts to,thats why I don't root the sony ( every other device is rooted) I keep it as close as it is to e-reading and this is the closest thing.
Just to bad that the ! important doesn't work so I could override some thigs but I am happy with this, thanks,used my watch polisher on the T1 and ever scratch is gone, it look like new..it's good for me
Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #462
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just to bad that the ! important doesn't work so I could override some thigs
Where are you trying to use ! important? If it is in the T1 file reader\css\default.css, post your current file. Perhaps it can be tweaked to work more reliably.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #463
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Where are you trying to use ! important? If it is in the T1 file reader\css\default.css, post your current file. Perhaps it can be tweaked to work more reliably.
In a lot of books there is a indent value higher then 0, I hate it when not all the text is lined to the left.
So in any .css of a book I try the: line

p {margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; text-indent=0 !important}

In any simulator everything is neat on the left, in the 650 it is, but in the prs-T1 it isn't, so thats why I change in every book the text-indent=0 value
Lets say one of the lines is text-indent=5
The line text-indent=0 !important should override it, it does in the calibre reader,it does in the sigil editor, but it doesn't have any effect on the prs-T1.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #464
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
In a lot of books there is a indent value higher then 0, I hate it when not all the text is lined to the left.

In any simulator everything is neat on the left, in the 650 it is, but in the prs-T1 it isn't, so thats why I change in every book the text-indent=0 value
The line text-indent=0 !important should override it, it does in the calibre reader,it does in the sigil editor, but it doesn't have any effect on the prs-T1.
Oh, I see. No, I don't think there is much you could do in reader\css\default.css to overcome styling at the p{...} level. 99%+ of epubs are going have their main body paragraphs as <p class="xyz">...</p> and the styling in the css file will probably be in .xyz{...}. You would need to know what xyz is to override it.

A different option, if you are a calibre user... there is the option during a conversion to filter out selected styles on the Convert - Look&Feel page, on the Filter Style Information tab. You could try ticking the Margins box and adding text-indent in the 'Other CSS Properties' box. However, epub-to-epub conversions can sometimes break more than they fix. Might be worth a try...
Old 09-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #465
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Most ePub use a <p class="indent"> which override the indent for your p. The only way to get your ePub to look like you want it is to go into the CSS and edit it.
Closed Thread