Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #31
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thank you very much for providing the X-Ray file generator. I utilized all fields except Wikipedia and it works great!

I wasn't sure which page to reference with the Shelfari URL so I assumed it was the one resulting from "learn more about this book."

P.S. If done on a netbook, one will need to use the command line method as the GUI is too large for the display and cannot be scrolled down far enough to read the required information.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #32
Huey4prez
Huey4prez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
Yes I'm using it on my Mac. Depending on your version, here is a general guide for installing mobi2mobi on your Mac but you might need to adjust few things depending on your setup & software version https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Install_Mobi2Mobi_Mac

I forget the exact steps on how I've installed it but you can always post your questions on this forum for help if you get stuck.
Thanks for replying! It works!
Huey4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #33
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thank you very much for providing the X-Ray file generator. I utilized all fields except Wikipedia and it works great!

I wasn't sure which page to reference with the Shelfari URL so I assumed it was the one resulting from "learn more about this book."

P.S. If done on a netbook, one will need to use the command line method as the GUI is too large for the display and cannot be scrolled down far enough to read the required information.
Sure, glad that it's useful to you! And yea that's the link to follow from the search result page.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #34
snarf
snarf began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Kindle App
Thank you

This is just so amazing. Thank you for taking the time to develop this functionality. Are you considering creating a Calibre plugin? That would be the icing on the cake!
snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf View Post
This is just so amazing. Thank you for taking the time to develop this functionality. Are you considering creating a Calibre plugin? That would be the icing on the cake!
you're welcome. TBH I wrote it mainly for my personal use because there're still lots of books from amazon that doesn't come with X-Ray. Since I find no need to use calibre to organize my library, and so far the x-ray generator serves me fine for its intended purpose, I have no plan to write a plugin for Calibre. However, it's probably pretty easy for someone who knows how to do it to make a calibre plugin himeself if he's interested.
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
What to do if the book is not on Shelfari?
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko View Post
What to do if the book is not on Shelfari?
the script was specifically designed to parse Shelfari book page, so a valid shelfari book URL is required.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
snarf

Easier way to find ASIN, Database Name & GUID (uniqid)?

Is there an easier way to find this data in a .mobi file? Using I'm using a Mac and it's pretty difficult to install m2m on it. Is there a simpler way of viewing this info on OSX?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #39
shinew
Addict

not that I know of. You can post your issue and where during installation you get stuck on the forum and people might be able to help(probably in a separate thread).

there is a remote chance that there're some plugins I'm not aware of for Calibre that can help you find those 3 pieces of info.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #40
snarf

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #41
ny10522
Enthusiast
ny10522 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Kindle2, Kindle Touch 3G, Ipod Touch
Here's another request for a Calibre plug-in. This would be the best Kindle modification I can think of!
ny10522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #42
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
I am stuck...

Hi ! i am trying to install mobi2mobi to my mac! i have lion 10.7.2!
i downloaded all the software for it but i can't install libjpeg! I did as it said but it doesn't work as it should on the terminal! Any ideas? Thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #43
gluggy
gluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfolded

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
Hi ! i am trying to install mobi2mobi to my mac! i have lion 10.7.2!
i downloaded all the software for it but i can't install libjpeg! I did as it said but it doesn't work as it should on the terminal! Any ideas? Thank you
arad26, why don't you try my Java Mobi Metadata Editor? It doesn't require mobi2mobi, and it'll run as long as you have Java installed.
gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #44
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
It will work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluggy View Post
arad26, why don't you try my Java Mobi Metadata Editor? It doesn't require mobi2mobi, and it'll run as long as you have Java installed.
I need mobi2mobi to get the asin for the book,so i can use the X-ray generator! With this i can do that? thank you!
I just checked your program and its great! i can get the ASIN but i can't get the GUID (uniqid)...and for the X-ray generator to work i need it! Any suggestions? thank you!

Last edited by arad26; 01-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #45
gluggy
gluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfolded

Device: none
Yes, the GUID is available through the Mobi Metadata Editor.

Just click on the "Header Info" button, scroll down to "MOBI Header", and it's listed as "Unique ID".

The database name is also listed under "PDB Header" as "Name".
gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray