Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
No ebooks from BL publishing

Hi there,

Thanks for your email. I'm afriad that we currently do not have any of our novels in a 'e book' format that you can buy through our website and we have no plans to produce a series of e books at any point in the foreseeable future.

I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more assistance,

Chris Beaumont,
BL Publishing

The above email was in response to an email I sent asking about getting their books in electronic format. I am new to all this and have had my iLiad almost a week. I never realised that publishers felt this negative about ebooks. I wont pirate a book but I wonder what percentage of people would simply go that route when faced with such a negative response?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Black Library does not use a business model which fits ebooks. They print only small runs of their books and sell them for only about 3 to 6 months. I tried to convince them to do ebooks, but they refuse.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard View Post
I tried to convince them to do ebooks, but they refuse.
Robert, I'm curious if you have asked other publishers? If so, what kind of overall response have you received lately? Has the forum tried some sort of concerted effort to campaign for ebooks from many publishers? Is it even worth talking about?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
RalphTrickey
Enthusiast
RalphTrickey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I wont pirate a book but I wonder what percentage of people would simply go that route when faced with such a negative response?
About the same percent that decided to pirate music when the studios wouldn't put out electronic versions of their music.
RalphTrickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTrickey View Post
About the same percent that decided to pirate music when the studios wouldn't put out electronic versions of their music.
But ... by the time that became an issue to anyone, CDs were the thing anyway, so ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
I only tried BL.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote