Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
TOC not showing in news created by calibre

Maybe a Calibre more that a Sony reader question...

I am using calibre to download news feeds and convert to epub.

I can see that the epub contains a table of contents (the toc.ncx component) and I can display and use the toc properly from the calibre internal viewer.

When I load the epub to the PRS-350 it correctly appears as a periodical. But as I open it, the "table of contents" soft button brings me to a screen with has a single entry listing "page 1", which upon selection only shows me the cover picture.

What else is needed for the Sony Reader to display the toc?

Last edited by PoP; 06-06-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Maybe a Calibre more that a Sony reader question...
I am now leaning more to a Sony Reader problem: I loaded the epub in a Kindle and I am reading it with FBKindle (FBReader hacked for the jaibbroken Kindle). FBKindle shows me the complete TOC, with ability to select and jump to the selected article.

[Edit#1]
I also used Calibre to convert this epub to an lrf. The publication now shows as a regular book -- not a periodical -- but I now see a fully functional toc.

Last edited by PoP; 06-07-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: #1 additional test
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
PoP

Solution in the other forum: Set output device to Sony